what's your opinion on the magazine 'stereo review'??

i started reading 'stereo review' back in the early 70's untill they retired. i used to buy their magazine every month. whatever i know about stereo equipment is what i've read in their magazine! any thoughts after all these years???
128x128g_nakamoto
I subscribed from age 12 to age 16...it was like a gateway drug.  Now I'm strung out on high end.

If you're interested in perusing Stereo Review back issues:

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/HiFI-Stereo-Review.htm
They never told you starting out on Stereo Review leads to the hard stuff like The Absolute Sound and Positive Feedback. Too late now! 😩
I always found Stereoplay and Audio, both German, to be more informative and simply a better read than magazines from the U.S.A. British ones somehow appeared snotty.
I read Stereo Review religiously when I was a kid. Found the record reviews great, but found the equipment reviews too much like Consumer Reports.

I don't think that Julian Hirsch had it in him to write disparaging copy on anyone, and that really cost me when as a 19 year old I followed Hirsch's recommendation and bought an AR Amp. What a horrible sounding POS, but a lesson learned.