Rega P10 v Complete rebuild Garrard 401!

I currently have a Rega P3 that I’m generally happy with, but looking to upgrade and I’m in two minds.  Go old school with Garrard 401 or keep with new tech and get a P10.  Both are well regarded and there are plenty of individual reviews.  However I’ve not been able to find a comparative analysis (not really expecting to) so i thought i would ask here.  It would be paired with a Line Magnetic 508ia tub amp and Harbeth HL5 plus speakers.  
I listen to a wide range of music, from classic jazz, funk, soul and classic rock but admittedly i spend the majority of my vinyl time listening to thinks like Bowie, the Smiths, New Order, A Certain Ratio, Chameleons or similar.  
Any counsel?   
gunners01
Buy both, listen, and sell the one you like least.

I have owned a Rega (not the P-10) before and now own a Garrard 301, my experience is I would prefer the Garrard.

Buying both is out of my financial reach as i wouldn’t want to take the hit of depreciation for the one i sell.  Regardless i appreciate your input.  I’ve read that the 301 has slightly superior sound to the 401 but both are well regarded. 
It would appear that both the Rega P10 and Garrard 401 would be notable steps up from the P3.  I don’t want to hide the fact that i do prefer a “classic” look of the Garrard vs the modern P10. I just don’t want to sacrifice sound quality.  I also want to be mindful of long-term maintenance, accessibility of parts and cost to repair.  
Again thanks and all help welcome. 
You'd lose nothing on the Garrard, if you were to decide to sell it.  And probably the same goes for the Rega, if you can find one for the right price.  But these are very different philosophies of how to play a record.  I would expect that one's a priori bias would more than anything else determine the outcome of such a comparison. Which is why you may want to do some more research in advance, by listening to turntables that employ different types of drive mechanism.
Go strait to the Garrard, it is in another league, and probably in another sport.

Surely has tons of fashination over the Rega.

Mario