Fairly new to streaming. Where to start?

$2k & under budget

Aralic Vega has streamer  and DAC. May be the easiest start?
Then there is Schiit...Yiggy or Gumby...which streamer?
Ladder NOS dac? Or Chip? I'm old. maybe I'll like the old school DAC?
Then there is  Benchmark DAC 3...I think it has streamer?
Then
Exasound E32
Audio Mirror?
Metrum
MHDT Orchid
Border Patrol?
Musical Paradise?
Whats a newbie to do? I am a classic rock fan with lots of FLAC & M4a files. I like detail & PRaT. Love a good bass line. I also play some 70's jazz. I have a Theta Miles CD player from the 1900's & play a lot of vinyl too. But I need to come into the 21st century.  Besides, I will probably become tired of the vinyl ritual and work at some point as I get older. I think I have done enough homework to be somewhat confused. Maybe the biggest question in light of how fast digital changes is the question of streamer with DAC or separate Streamer and DAC. One other question is the streamer & bridge the same thing? OK Thanks!! 
128x128artemus_5
@artemus_5,

The Innuos Zen Mini + PSU is a two box, streamer with built in DAC and external power supply. You can start with single box (streamer w/DAC) but it does sounds better with external power supply.

If you want to hook up your CDP into a DAC then you would need to pick up a DAC with at least two COAX Inputs. Benchmark DAC3 does offers two COAX inputs.

One of the very important consideration outside sound quality is the app interface. Lumin, Aurender, Innuos and Bluesound offers the best App experience that allows end users viewing and playing high resolution music collections a breeze.

I own both Aurender and Bluesound and never felt the need for Roon App. Roon also requires a subscription, $119 per year or $699 for a lifetime subscription.
The original Auralic Vega is DAC only.
The Vega G1/2 are totally different animals and do indeed stream as well.
And cost a lot more....

Agree with lalitk on Roon.
In fact the Aurender Conductor app has a very Roon like look and feel without the cost.

BTW. I started with a Bluesound Vault2i and progressed through various items and now use an Aurender N100 streamer feeding a MHDT Orchid R2R NOS DAC via USB.
Pretty darn happy so far....
Thanks for all the input. Its very helpful. So, it looks like I should go with separates which makes sense. I think maybe I don’t understand some of the terminology used by the mfgs. Though somewhat new to streaming high quality music, I do have 30 yrs experience with computers and stream video via Roku. I also have a laptop to stream from if that is good. But I think its best not to use a computer...Right?

BTW, I only have 13 inch width available. NOT the 134 my big fingers put earlier
artemus_5,

You can certainly use a laptop to stream  audio files but it won’t sound as good as dedicated ‘audio’ streamer from aforementioned brands. 
OP
One advantage of seperate items is if you decide you want a better DAC, well that's all you need to replace.
Or streamer only etc.

One advantage of streamer/ DAC is fewer cables( power and interconnect).
Less shelf space taken up.

But less flexible as opposed to seperates.