Floor Stander or Monitor w/ 2 subs? What does the later give up in a large room?

My listening room is also the Living room. My wife would love to get rid of the floor standing Silverlines. I can deal with that since I've had these for a long time. Change is good. But will it be a good move to go to monitors with 2 S-5 Rel type subs? I am considering Watkins Gen 4 speakers. I've heard them and they sound very good. But will they fill a 5000+ cu ft room?. That is my only reservation...size of imaging. What else...or am I wrong in my thinking they will lack anything? I will try them but I'd like to know what to look out 

Thanks 
128x128artemus_5
LOL, I can identify! I got my Bolero's about 8 years ago and finally stopped thinking changes in my electronic's etc, would bring my other (older) speakers back to life and have stopped trying. Not even close. :-)
So, does a new room mean you’re no longer looking at monitors?  If you are, what’s your budget?  I didn’t see mention of that or maybe just missed it. 
@artemus_5 , do me a favor and take 10 minutes and look at the Salk Songbird.  

They are $1695 in a standard veneer and offer more choices of woods and dye’s than any other speaker builder I’ve seen.  You can get any wood with any color dye you want. Pictures do not do these speakers justice!  Glossy Automative finishes are available too.  
His speakers are really gorgeous. On top of that, the Songtowers use the Hiquphon OW-1 tweeter which is supposed to be very musical and a fantastic tweeter!  They’re $250 a piece.  The midbass driver is of high quality as well; the Seas ER15 from their prestige line.  It should be a nice organic sounding midbass driver that would complement the musicality of the Hiquphon well.   Add in a transmission line cabinet and gorgeous cabinets and you have a winner!   

If you are sold on a standmount, look at the Salk Ellis 1801b.  It uses the same $250 Hiquphon OW-1 and pairs it to a $260, 7” Seas W18 midwoofer from Seas Excel line.  These drivers are used in many of the best sounding speakers out there.  The Ellis has $1000 worth of high end drivers in a stunning cabinet for $2300.  Pretty remarkable.

I went with monitors on stands and they took up the exact footprint as the floor standers.  Next you are adding 2 subs to take up additional space and trying to integrate them properly.  That can be a challenge but can work fine.  
Now I I have floor standers with a Rel Stadium III that I kept over the Rel S3.  I don't use it all of the time but like having the sub.  I haven't heard the speakers you are looking at, but with the right amplification match they shouldn't give up in soundstage and might even sound better.
@soix 
Yess, I think I'll hold on to the Silverlines for the time. If the room comes into fruition It will take my $$$.

@b_limo 
The problem with Salk is that they are power hungry. These are 84db and require 100wpc. My amp is 35wpc. I've had good sound from lower powered amps.

@bjesien 
It was never about trying to recover floor space. I already have the 2 subs. I was trying to take out some of the bulky look of the floor stander speakers. We've lived with it for years now but I was hoping to be kind to my wife without giving up sound. Now maybe we both can have our rooms.