Active line level crossover with subwoofer out - HELP

Hi.

Helping my friend with another challenge. 
Looking for a line level crossover. His preamp does not have a subwoofer out.

What he wants to do is have a high pass filter between the preamp and his power amp. This so his Spendor BC1’s are spared anything below 40 or 50hz. And, the crossover needs a low pass filter to spare the subwoofer the high frequencies. 
Thoughts? 
Thanks!
perkri
EQ can not fix, correct, or eliminate room nodes the nodes will always be there all you will do is add distortion and an even more uneven net frequency response plot.

clearthink (George hifi’s alt?? ) and Millercarbon lack education and personal experience in a home or professional environment with this, so their opinions are incorrect. Fortunately I have personal, home and professional experience in the motion picture industry as well as I am guided by acousticians who have written on the subject.

They’ve also failed to read multiple postings I’ve made citing appropriate links. They are guided completely by feels.

I’ll summarize my position, guided by hands on measurement, listening and acoustics:

You can use an EQ to clip resonant modes. This allows the overall subwoofer level to be lifted.

With bass traps, you can even solve nulls.

Miller is, as always,  flat out, laughably wrong. He and george number 9 will never know it though. The rest of it is so riddled with half truths and falsehoods it’s not worth attempting to dissect.

erik_squires
"
clearthink (George hifi’s alt?? ) and Millercarbon lack education and personal experience in a home or professional environment with this, so their opinions are incorrect."

You are confused, disoriented, and profoundly illogical opinions can not be "mistaken" they are opinions although in this case what we are talking about are facts also you do not know anything about my professional, academic, and scientific achievements, accomplishments, patents, and interests. 

" Fortunately I have personal, home and professional experience in the motion picture industry as well as I am guided by acousticians who have written on the subject."

You continue to remain confused, disoriented, and simply wrong.

You can add 1,000 Db of correction, you can turn on the lights in you're room as bright as you want or turn them off to absolute darkness you can play your TV loud and/or wear plaid pants the room nodes will still be their, silly!
You are confused, disoriented, and profoundly illogical opinions can not be "mistaken" they are opinions although in this case what we are talking about are facts also you do not know anything about my professional, academic, and scientific achievements, accomplishments, patents, and interests.

I know you don’t believe in acoustics, and you have yet to ever post anything with measurements, and experiments to prove your point.

You just continue to repeat tropes which were dead in the 90s.

Best,

E
OP:

I encourage you to read in the Room EQ Wizard forums, as well as Audio Science Review similar topics.

If you get a measurement microphone, and a miniDSP, I encourage you to try it out.

Best,

E

erik_squires
"
I know you don’t believe in acoustics,"

I do not know what you mean by this if you mean by "believe in acoustics" have I accepted acoustics as my own personal savior no, I have not done so nor do I plan to but of course you are free to believe, worship, and pray as you choose provided the rules of you're nation so allow.

"You just continue to repeat tropes which were dead in the 90s. "

This is just another amusing, laughable, silly retort from the same person who insist the opinions of other's are "wrong."