Active line level crossover with subwoofer out - HELP

Hi.

Helping my friend with another challenge. 
Looking for a line level crossover. His preamp does not have a subwoofer out.

What he wants to do is have a high pass filter between the preamp and his power amp. This so his Spendor BC1’s are spared anything below 40 or 50hz. And, the crossover needs a low pass filter to spare the subwoofer the high frequencies. 
Thoughts? 
Thanks!
perkri
The simple way is a miniDSP.
The complicated way is to put a capacitor in series with the amp, and send the full range to the sub, if the sub has a low pass, and most do, you just have to match the cap to the frequency and preamp input impedance.
Otherwise, a number of people make analog crossovers for consumers, but they are rare. Bryston comes to mind.
Bryston
JL Audio
Marchand

Another possibility is a DAC-preamp with HP-LP crossover in it. They are made by Anthem, Legacy, DSPeaker, Trinnov, MiniDSP, Classe, and NAD, among others.

And as mentioned, a miniDSP unit is a path taken by many.
Thank you!!!

So, the MiniDSP looks very interesting!

Looks like it will do exactly what he wants. Read through the manual, and wondering if you might be able to help me understand the sub out portion. His subwoofer, an old Rogers unit, has both left and right channel RCA inputs. Can the unit be configured so a left and right channel can be sent to the subwoofer?

Thanks again!

P
Hey Perkri,

You can do all the filtering and mixing in the miniDSP, or you can do all the filtering and send L and R as separate signals to the sub. up to you.

I recommend you use the miniDSP, then you only have to deal with 1 delay.

Also, look at room EQ Wizard or OmniMic to measure and calibrate it.