2 way, which are the best designs?

I've been looking for what is considered the epitome of the 2 (or 2.5) way design loudspeaker.
Be it active or passive!
I'd like to get some tips, please chime in
Preferably would be stand mount monitor, but floorstanding would be ok to.
(Today i use Barefoot Sound Micromain 27)
rird
Post removed 
D2girls, i listened to K2 9800 i think they were named.
I liked those, but to big in my room. Part from that, i could never afford those.
Gosta, well, i have had PMC IB 2S and those i liked.
I got a good price for them, so i sold them.
But perhaps you're correct saying i'd better stick to a 3 way design.

Folks don't seem to bother to look what MM 27 really is.

For those that read this, it's 2*10´ bass drivers and 2*5´mid/bass drivers and 1´soft dome tweeter and they are monitors.

So anything smaller than an 8' driver is not going to happen.

I went with studio monitors simply because "hifi" is too expensive.
Had Barefoot been deemed home audio toys, the price had been way up.
I spoke to Tony Gee (acoustics) about a custom build speaker like MM 27.
He told me right away, it's impossible to build anyting like that for those money.
Kenjit, if you think MM 27 are harsh, i wonder if you've heard the latest gen 2 and not gen 1?
No way gen 1 is too harsh. If you think so i don't know, but you simply must hate all hifi speakers and if so, why aren't you hanging at a DIY forum? 
I don't say this to be rude, i've probably owned 10+ speakers.
I can't keep count on everything i've heard over the 27 years i've been around. 
I suggest you look up studio monitors, the big ones and listen a bit.
Perhaps you'd get a view of what the best of them sounds like.

I should also say, i don't say anything to be rude. That's just ridiculous.
I've never understood those seeking forums to be a rude idiot.
I am merely seeking interesting ideas and to have an open mind is always good. It doesn't mean we have to agree on what others like.
But learning others ideas and preferences is no heavy burden to bear.

I hope you find your nirvana in your own design!
What can I say. Would be great to listen to these. Quested I think would bring you the british voicing compared to Barefoot’s american. A very fine combo. Quested has a very fine 10" Volt woofer driven directly by 700 watts. That gives some power...

For "cheep" money you could buy the ATC 19. A little more "home" voiced compared to the 20. No brand will give you the same quality drivers for less money. Far from. Compared to ordinary high quality speakers they present the music without any "curtains". Too clear for many audiophiles of the old school it seems. And they can play loud.

Mucho interested in your opinions regarding the PMC because I have for a rather long time been looking to add some pro PMC to my collection. What is your thoughts on the transmission line bass? Did you have an active or passive version?