VTF gauge

Trying to find a VTF gauge that had the measuring pad at the height of the album. Measuring VTF at the exact height of the album is critical. I have looked at numerous scales on line and none of them clearly states the height of the measuring pad. Can anyone recommend a scale that puts the measuring pad at the height of the album?

Thanks
 Steve 
sgunther
How can you measure 1.25 grams
on the DS1 if it only resolves to .1 grams?

Very simple, i will set it to 1.2 first (and will check in on my DS1) and then i will just add 0.05g on my tonearm counterweight. Any proper tonearm have precise counterweight balance with adjustable tracking force within 0.05 visually. It works like a safe lock. For example Technics tonearms are always spot on. Been using EPA-100 this way and now EPA-100 mkII. Lustre GST-801, Denon DA-401 whatever, all of the can be adjusted within 0.05g.  

There is a range of VTF for any cartridge anyway, when i’m between 1.2 and 1.3 the tonearm counterweight VTF meter indicate the difference for me.

What’s the problem ?

Honestly, i bet no one will ever detect a VTF difference within 0.05g by ears and every cartridge have a range of VTF so no harm for a cartridge.

I know that some tonearm does not have an option to measure VTF on the counterweight (like my Reed 3p for example), but this is the only tonearm among 6 others in my collection. The rest of them can be adjusted right on the counterweight within +/- 0.05g

You guys always overestimate the problem as i can see.
When measuring VTF is there a “proper” place on the platter to set the device?  I have a fairly cheap digital model and the meter reading usually changes by a few thousandths depending if I measure at the outside, middle, or inside of the platter?  I realize I need to get a better scale but assuming I do is there a location on the platter that is the proper place to weigh?  Is it normal for different areas to read differently or should it be consistent across the platter?  FYI, I am measuring a VPI Prime unipivot but with the second pivot installed. 
Jeez, Chak. I’ve been using the DS3 for 2 years, still on its original AAA batteries. So indeed yours must have been defective.
Eking, I wouldn’t worry about a few thousandths of a gram. Ideally it shouldn’t matter where you make the measurements. But I wouldn’t blame your scale for the tiny deviation.
Should have said few “hundredths” not thousandths. Outside say 1.75, inside about 1.72?