VTF gauge

Trying to find a VTF gauge that had the measuring pad at the height of the album. Measuring VTF at the exact height of the album is critical. I have looked at numerous scales on line and none of them clearly states the height of the measuring pad. Can anyone recommend a scale that puts the measuring pad at the height of the album?

Thanks
 Steve 
sgunther
I thought so @lewm but that "super DS3" sucked the energy quickly and does not display the weight correctly, so i returned it to Japan when i bought it (new). They want me to be a bankrupt on batteries, changing them every week. Something was wrong with that unit.

DS1 is just fine, smaller, cheaper, completely different batteries.. using it for over 2 years. I can easily measure 1.25g on DS1 and i’m not crazy about 0.01g

DS1 was dirt cheap, i paid probably 30 USD for it, also from the Japanese shop.

Not sure what we discuss here, the DS1 is what i use and can recommend to others, and it’s nice device.

DS3 was practically worst. I do not use inconvenient devices, i gave it a change, it’s failed, no more

I'm confused, maybe just a bit thick. How can you measure 1.25 grams
on the DS1 if it only resolves to .1 grams?

What am I misunderstanding?
How can you measure 1.25 grams
on the DS1 if it only resolves to .1 grams?

Very simple, i will set it to 1.2 first (and will check in on my DS1) and then i will just add 0.05g on my tonearm counterweight. Any proper tonearm have precise counterweight balance with adjustable tracking force within 0.05 visually. It works like a safe lock. For example Technics tonearms are always spot on. Been using EPA-100 this way and now EPA-100 mkII. Lustre GST-801, Denon DA-401 whatever, all of the can be adjusted within 0.05g.  

There is a range of VTF for any cartridge anyway, when i’m between 1.2 and 1.3 the tonearm counterweight VTF meter indicate the difference for me.

What’s the problem ?

Honestly, i bet no one will ever detect a VTF difference within 0.05g by ears and every cartridge have a range of VTF so no harm for a cartridge.

I know that some tonearm does not have an option to measure VTF on the counterweight (like my Reed 3p for example), but this is the only tonearm among 6 others in my collection. The rest of them can be adjusted right on the counterweight within +/- 0.05g

You guys always overestimate the problem as i can see.
When measuring VTF is there a “proper” place on the platter to set the device?  I have a fairly cheap digital model and the meter reading usually changes by a few thousandths depending if I measure at the outside, middle, or inside of the platter?  I realize I need to get a better scale but assuming I do is there a location on the platter that is the proper place to weigh?  Is it normal for different areas to read differently or should it be consistent across the platter?  FYI, I am measuring a VPI Prime unipivot but with the second pivot installed. 
Jeez, Chak. I’ve been using the DS3 for 2 years, still on its original AAA batteries. So indeed yours must have been defective.