VTF gauge

Trying to find a VTF gauge that had the measuring pad at the height of the album. Measuring VTF at the exact height of the album is critical. I have looked at numerous scales on line and none of them clearly states the height of the measuring pad. Can anyone recommend a scale that puts the measuring pad at the height of the album?

Thanks
 Steve 
sgunther
Jeez, Chak. I’ve been using the DS3 for 2 years, still on its original AAA batteries. So indeed yours must have been defective.
Eking, I wouldn’t worry about a few thousandths of a gram. Ideally it shouldn’t matter where you make the measurements. But I wouldn’t blame your scale for the tiny deviation.
Should have said few “hundredths” not thousandths. Outside say 1.75, inside about 1.72?
Before people knock the River Stone gage maybe try one first......

I have verified it's total accuracy repeatedly with known calibrated weights similar to a jeweler uses.

Oh and it's still on same battery it came with.
Good for you nandric. Many people do not. They assume their new gauge is accurate. Uberwaltz also checks his gauge. As for whether or not you have to check the VTF at exactly platter height dependson the geometry of the arm particularly what plane the vertical bearings are in. Ideally they should be at the level of the record.