Which DAC makers let you do in home trial?

I'm interested in comparing some DACS for purchase, maximum price about $1600, let's say.
Auditioning them is a hope.
I know that people can get speakers and sometimes amps on trials from manufacturers and from some brick and mortar shops.
So, my question to you all is:
Have you been able to audition DAC's in your home? Which companies with good at home trials and return policies (besides Ps Audio, which is great about that but their DAC is super expensive).
The alternative is just to take a shot in the dark, which I'd prefer not to do. I like to take time and assess before spending this kind of money.
128x128hilde45
DAC's don't  have sound signatures unless they are purposely made that way. The job of a DAC is to convert the digital signal to analog with the least noise and distortion to convey that signal in the most accurate way. Some DACs add different filter settings to get differing sound characteristics, tube DACs and most R2R DACs roll of the top frequencies to give it a more analog sound. Some prefer that and that's fine I am not criticizing anyone's choice just pointing out things the OP might be interested in. I have not recommended the Benchmark just used it as an example. I don't really like recommendations of what someone else likes as it might be completey different from what I like which is why I said try as many different DACs as the OP could to get a feel for his own preference. 
Speakers first, amplifier either seperate or integrated, source. CD player, Streamer Turn table or whatever your preference is, DAC last it has the least impact or should.
Thanks so much. Noted those point. 
 I have a transport so I assume that’s a bit out of order, but in general this is my current path. 
+1, @tvad,

Speakers first
Amplifier second

Once you get speaker and amp or integrated sorted out then focus on source components. A nice digital setup requires streamer / DAC components or if you’re into CD’s then CD player or turntable / phono.

If you’re exploring digital streaming, consider a Bluesound Node 2i or Innuos Zen Mini MK3 as starting point. They both have internal built-in DAC’s that allows you to get your feet in digital streaming. Both of these components allows upgrade path to add external DAC for improved performance. And when it’s time to upgrade digital streamer, you already have a external DAC in your system to further build and improve overall performance.

I am in a camp, everything matters. DAC is just as important as amp and absolutely vital to your ultimate digital playback experience.
Thanks. Because I knew I was going to need something to try out speakers with, and amplifiers with, I already bought the Node 2i. I have an Audioengine D1 dac for my laptop and have been using it as a temporary solution for my Cambridge CXC transport.