Which DAC makers let you do in home trial?

I'm interested in comparing some DACS for purchase, maximum price about $1600, let's say.
Auditioning them is a hope.
I know that people can get speakers and sometimes amps on trials from manufacturers and from some brick and mortar shops.
So, my question to you all is:
Have you been able to audition DAC's in your home? Which companies with good at home trials and return policies (besides Ps Audio, which is great about that but their DAC is super expensive).
The alternative is just to take a shot in the dark, which I'd prefer not to do. I like to take time and assess before spending this kind of money.
128x128hilde45
Post removed 
Oh No, Not Again......it appears @djones51 clearly one of those individuals who gives more weight to measurements over trusting his/her ears. Hence his choice of Benchmark DAC’s which to my ears sounds more clinical than musical.

“If it measures good and sounds bad—it’s bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you’ve measured the wrong thing”

@hilde45, You have 14 days trial with Border, trust your ears and how it’s going to gel with rest of your system.

@cal3713 I want to reinforce that my post and suggested approach was specific to the OP @hilde45 It is not a general recommendation.

I do not recommend a limited time ’demo’ or ’audition’ given where you are in your journey.

The OP, based on the threads he has started, is in a (complete) system rebuilding phase. Given where he is in his ’journey’ (i.e. not that far along) I stand by my suggested approach.

@hilde45 All of the DACs you are likely to consider, whether returnable or not, are going to work and most likely will work well.

Optimizing a component, in this case a DAC, takes time and effort. Cabling changes, isolation, as well as actions taken upstream from the DAC can result in significant differences in performance. One cannot address the optimizing for your system (synergies) and your personal preferences via short, time sensitive auditions [given where YOU ARE, at this point in time].

Since your component purchase choices / decisions are in flux and not finalized, you need to start somewhere. And that holds across the board.

Don’t get caught up in over thinking this.

Actual hands on and ears on experience, in other words Living With a component and a system, is way more valuable than (excessive) rumination via posting and post responses.

I suggest pivoting to a position that looks at components for their value as Teachable Units over your pursuit of "perceived" performance values (currently unrealized since they only exist in these posts / forum).
@david_ten No offense taken.  Definitely valid points. 

Also, if the system is in total flux, perhaps an even less expensive DAC would be a better option?  The Black Ice Glass fx dsd is one that comes to mind.  If you search for that in the threads, you'll see that it won an audioclub's dac shootout vs. some much more expensive competition.  I think the dealer that advertises on US audiomart does offer a return period.  

And although I have limited data points, my experience agrees with @lalitk .  The Matrix X-Sabre Pro I tried was the best measuring dac in the world a few months ago (as tested by audiosciencereview).  It was also the least compelling in my shootout.  I kept rotating dacs and comparing and always kind of dreaded when it was the Matrix's turn.  It sounded fine and I would have enjoyed it if I had no comparisons, but in contrast to the other dacs it just removed the emotion from the music.  
Ok, I feel very well advised. Here are a couple additional details and a question. 
An audiophile friend with advanced experience and system echoed many points here; he suggested a modest cost unit, (even used, $400) including Schiit, iFi, Denafrips, Audio G-d. He assumes it will be changed out by me in time but notes, also, that it will be fine for a long time, initially. 
Another commentator on A ‘gon also suggested some brands here. Audio Mirror, Bryston, MDHT among them. 
Harley in his book, and the commentator above, both emphasize the need to choose the amp, first. Since I don’t even know if I’ll go tubes or solid state, or which speakers I’ll settle on, there are many open questions; but it seems this advice is right. 
 (It may irk some here to know how in flux my system is; I’m researching DACS  so that as first things fall into place, I have done some advance work on subsequent choices. This is not overthinking but just planning out future decision processes. Each of those decisions will be among a modest set of selected options.)

I can close with one last question: Do you agree that I settle on amp first and dac second?