What is it.........

About hearing a certain song say over an AM car radio that even a high end system doesnt seem to convey the same emotion or soul of the song?
ishkabibil
Less to distract you on an am radio. You mostly just hear the beat and maybe the vocals. No details to distract you from that catchy pop tune. A lot of pop stuff these days is little more than that anyway in order to serve up a least common denominator product that might appeal to ever more diverse listeners.

On a related note one of my favorite things to always check out is well crafted oldie tunes one probably never heard reproduced well back in the day. Nowadays on my good hifi it’s yowsa!

I streamed the old tune “Early in the Morning” by Vanity Fare on my setup the other day off Spotify and even there at less than CD quality Resolution I was amazed at all I had never heard in that tune before like the harpsichord that sounds like something from Chandos or some other high quality classical recording label.
Maybe it boils down to expectations. What kind of expectations do you have from a cheap car radio vs. your He-Man rig.... just sayin.
No expectations.  I just think its the scale of the music from a simple car AM radio that creates MoJo.  Sometimes less air and dimension in sound is a plus.. That is why many high end systems fail at playing the Rock Genre for example.

When ypu click next trying to listen to song you really like and you know you have heard it before on a system supposedly way down in class...your system has failed you. If it starts dictating what music you listen to well in my opinion its time to sell it.
I see the words “sometimes” and “haunting piece of music.” We’re talking about the 1% here. Probably less. Oh, what about FM?