Whatta Ya Think About Hsu Research Subwoofers?

I’m in the market to add one or possibly two subwoofers to my stereo set-up.  I would like to spend $1,000 or less per unit, and that puts some of the higher-rated units out of reach.  I came across an ad for Hsu, which I had not heard of before.  I didn’t want a Chinese product and it turns out that Hsu Research is based in California and founded by Dr. Hsu, who has a Ph.D from MIT.  Audio reviewer Steve Gutenberg gave one Hsu product a positive review.  I was wondering if any of you have experience with Hsu and could share your impressions/recommendations with me.

My existing set—up is:  Parasound P5 pre-amp with Parasound A21 amp;  Martin Logan 60XT tower loudspeakers.  Thanks!
bob540
@noble100, So Bob thinks he can run his speakers and a pair of passive subs off the same amp at the same time?! You’re right, I wasn’t aware he was already using the Parasound on his loudspeakers. I was assuming he knew what a passive sub is ;-) .
I know what passive loudspeakers are, but I wasn’t sure if the Parasound could power both the ML towers and subwoofers.  From reading responses, I now know the answer is No, I would need a separate amp to power passive subs. I’m thinking I will go with new powered Hsu subwoofers, the ULS 15’s, which I can get in gloss piano black for $779 + $80 shipping each.  So $1718 for two (plus tax that will likely be added).  This is comparable to the SVS SP2000 Pro subs in gloss piano black that cost $1699.00 for the pair with shipping free.  The SVS have 12” drivers while the Hsu have 15” drivers, which sounds like more bang for the buck with Hsu.  The Hsu subs that wspohn recommended are somewhat more expensive and are ported designs, which are said to be better for home theater (not my interest) but less desirable for music (bingo!). Just thinking out loud here and I am always open to other opinions.  I thank bdp24 for his ideas as well.  I try not to agonize over every decision, but also try to avoid buyer’s regret.
Hello Bob,

Absolutely nothing wrong with taking your time and getting the right subs for you.  Kind of like measuring twice and cutting once.
     I'm a bit surprised you weren't more interested in the Syzygy wireless subs that are about the same price for a pair and they seem ideal for your situation.  I'm just wondering why you seem to not want to give these a try?  Here's the review again:
https://www.tonepublications.com/review/syzygy-slf-850-subwoofer/

Tim

Bob, before pulling the trigger, look into the GR Research/Rythmik F12G Sub. Optimized for music, it employs the GR Research 12" low-mass paper-cone woofer and Rythmik Servo-Feedback system. VERY high quality music reproduction.

If you can build an enclosure, the sub is also available as DIY kit. If you can’t, GR Research has a couple of woodworkers who will make it for you, in any style you want.

Thank you guys again for your suggestions — I am going to look again at Syzygy and at GR Research/Rythmik.  Funny how I didn’t agonize before buying the Martin Logan’s, but now I wonder if I should have bought KEF LS50’s and paired them with subwoofers — would have saved space and all I read is raves about the LS50’s sound.  You could seriously drive yourself crazy with this stuff, huh? 🤪