Class D amplifiers have very little phase shift

Too many diagrams to post here, so I just blogged it:

https://inatinear.blogspot.com/2020/02/class-d-amplifiers-do-not-have-horrible.html

The 20 degrees at 2 kHz argument is bunk.
erik_squires
Oh, sorry, nothing that spectacular.  I was thinking of using a slot to turn directional drivers into omnis.
While the concept is cool, I'm not convinced that in the living rooms I can afford omnis are going to be all that for me no matter what.
*G*  Well, the JBLs' are 'pleasant'...'Perfect'? 

Mmmm....no.  If one desires an unobtrusive speaker pair that would have a potentially high WAF in a 'modern' or MCM living space...

They'd work.  Will they rival SOTA?

They're over 50 years old....one would have to accept that. *S*

I'd seen and listened to them 'back then'; couldn't afford them at the time.

I've 'moved on'.....(Read your mail...)
Erik, I may have missed it in another thread, but about how many pairs of and different configuration of pairs of speakers have you built?  

Were they from the kits I see online? Seems like it might be fun, if they turned out OK which might not be the case for some of us.
Hi @Jetter

That's a little off topic, but 3 different speaker designs.  I use all of them in my HT.

2 of these designs are 2-way, one a center (also a 2-way).  They're not commercial kits, so no one has the courage to blow cash on the parts. :-)

Plenty of good kits from Parts Express, Madisound and Meniscus. I encourage you to look there for ideas and kits with existing reviews.

Best,

E