Whatta Ya Think About Hsu Research Subwoofers?

I’m in the market to add one or possibly two subwoofers to my stereo set-up.  I would like to spend $1,000 or less per unit, and that puts some of the higher-rated units out of reach.  I came across an ad for Hsu, which I had not heard of before.  I didn’t want a Chinese product and it turns out that Hsu Research is based in California and founded by Dr. Hsu, who has a Ph.D from MIT.  Audio reviewer Steve Gutenberg gave one Hsu product a positive review.  I was wondering if any of you have experience with Hsu and could share your impressions/recommendations with me.

My existing set—up is:  Parasound P5 pre-amp with Parasound A21 amp;  Martin Logan 60XT tower loudspeakers.  Thanks!
bob540
It may be a complete system rearrange is in order. Set up along your long wall.
@slaw,
You are absolutely correct — my space, side to side, is the limiting factor.  But this room is what I have to work with.  I mentioned above that my living room is larger and it would be easier to arrange my equipment there.  But, that room is more visible to anyone coming to my door and I don’t want just anyone to see what I have, for security reasons (plus, while I am currently single, we all know how women react to having a bunch of electronics and speakers in the main visiting space — not well).  My current listening room is more private and gives me the option of a fire in the fireplace while I enjoy music, and I like that a lot.  

The wooden table is one I built when I was 17, almost 50 years ago. That was back when hardwoods were not as expensive as they are now.  It is solid oak, mostly 1.25 inches thick, and I think cost me less than $100 back in 1972.  With all the nicks and blemishes that accumulated over the years, I still love and enjoy it.  You might notice that I added a couple more levels above the table itself, making boxes and a plank that bridges the two boxes in the center.  Yes, it looks cluttered, but it allows me to have all the equipment I might use (and some I seldom do) together and easy to use (except when plugging and unplugging equipment, which can be a hassle).  It all fits under the TV and I don’t think the height creates the problem with placing the subwoofers so much as lacking space on each side does (though I can see that if I had a narrower table, there would be more side space . . that is true. But I don’t plan on replacing my old oak table).  

I have room on the one side (away from the doors) where I can place one subwoofer.  I mostly need to figure out where to put the subwoofer on the right (and, ideally, I would bring the towers out from the wall 2-3 feet — but not sure how I could do that without blocking access to the doors).  It’s a dilemma.
Hello Bob,

Sorry I took so long in responding, Thurs-Friday were spent dealing with a water leakage in my main floor half bathroom. Everything's now not leaking and under control but I had to get my homeowner's insurer involved to repair the damage.
   Unfortunately for you, I think slaw has a good point: " If you get a sub/s, you have no good choices for optimal set-up." I like fireplaces and large windows in a home, but they can sure make things difficult for optimally positioning everything for good audio/video systems.
    But I still think 2 subs will perform and sound much better than one, we just need to figure out how best to incorporate and optimally position them in your room. What do we do when the going gets rough? No, we don't give up and quit. We keep searching for solutions, out of the box if necessary.
     Awhile back on this thread, bigwave1 suggested Syzygy subs that are reasonably priced, can operate wirelessly and have received several good reviews. Here's one of the review examples I found and read:

https://www.tonepublications.com/review/syzygy-slf-850-subwoofer/

If you have a smart Apple or Android cell phone, this could be a very good solution for you, no cables to run plus you can use your phone as a remote and for taking advantage of their room correction capacity at your listening seat after optimally positioning both in your room utilizing the crawl method.  
     If you agree that a pair of the $800 Syzygy SFL-850 subs are a good solution for your room, I suggest you still start at the right front corner of your room, just to the left of the door to your laundry room and garage, and proceed in a counter-clockwise direction when using the crawl method to optimally position sub#1. From my experience, I expect this optimum position to be along your short front wall where your equipment rack is located, but I can't be certain, so your goal is just to position sub#1 where the bass sounds best to you (powerful, dynamic, detailed and natural) with the volume initially set at about 50% volume, the crossover frequency set at 40 Hz and the phase set at "0" (in-phase).
     For sub#2 positioning, just repeat the same procedure continuing around the room from where you positioned sub#1. I have no expectation where sub#2 will sound best in your room, so I'd just recommend taking your time, listen closely and trust your ears.
     I should let you know that I've never heard any Syzygy subs but from what I've read, I think they seem like a good option for you to try. If you're interested, I suggest you contact Syzygy and see if they offer a free in-home trial period for a pair to audition them. I really like these types of offers since they take almost all the risk out of buying them. Please let me know your thoughts.

Tim      
I'm not sure brand mixing is a good idea as you have to know that when you're out of the room the things are going to argue with each other...nobody wants that. 
Wolf_garcia!  Of course you’re correct.  How could I be so blind to the perils of “mixing” in this woke age?   I’m blessed that you spoke up while there is still time to avert catastrophe!  I am in your debt Sir!  😝