Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard the new Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne? Just saw this pic from CES 2011.

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/01/evolution-acoustics-mmmicroone.html

Any thoughts on this one?
rhohense
Ack, I agree with you 100%. I mentioned the MM1/Q7 rumor in an earlier post by starting with the sarcastic word "apparently". I guess my point got lost. I don't believe the story for a moment. The whole Magico/AE marketing rivalry seems to have gotten started in these forums when someone (perhaps from the company) claimed that the MM1 sounded much better at one of the shows than the Mini 2 or Q1, for a tenth of the cost. And then people placed their orders and waited.

I started an Audiogon thread years ago asking opinions about the Magico Mini 2 versus the V2 or V3. Soon thereafter I received a private email from an Evolution Acoustics salesman/owner urging me not to waste my money on Magico and that I should buy one of the smaller, pre MM1 AE speakers instead. He claimed there was no comparison in quality or sonics. This unsolicited sales pitch showing up in my private emails really turned me off. At the time there were not even any dealerships around me where I could audition an AE speaker. He simply wanted me to take his word for it. It's these kinds of tactics which tell me a lot about a company.
Ouch. Any rebuttal to this allegation?

This would not be the first example of such subterfuge in audio. It is a "business" after all. Audiophiles are prone to a Polly Annish vision and forget about the sordid underbelly of the hobby....
I am not taking sides here, just my experience at an audio show for what it is worth. I attended the 2012 Newport Beach Audio Show specifically to listen to speakers and heard dozens of them, mostly costly designs that cost in excess of $18K/pair. IMO, the overwhelming majority of them sounded cold, sterile, clinical, bright, boomy in the bass, and with a flat soundstage. Maybe it was the rooms, I don't know. But there were five or six speakers that sounded like live music--I have 4 sons who all play music, as does my wife. Only two of these natural-sounding speakers were inexpensive and one was the Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne. So I bought a pair and they are the best speakers I have had in my system, including some that cost $40K. And I can say that Jonathan Tinn has always been an honest gentleman, at least in my own experience.
The Tinnman lays down the gauntlet. Good stuff. Ackman, who is your source? If they are affiliated with Magico, it holds no water....