Shunyata Alpha NR "Settling In Process"?

I have just recently taken receipt of a full loom of Shunyata Alpha NR cables and was curious to hear from other Shunyata NR users what their experience has been with regard to the NR series settling in process. I know Shunyata purports that their KPIP process eliminates the need for extended break-in time however at this point (less than 20 hrs),.
I'm hoping these cables start to sound better soon. Thanks    
jayh31
I auditioned Shunyata NR power cords in March 2019 - both Alpha and Delta versions from The Cable Co. Based on notes made during the trial, the Alpha, more so than the Delta, went through a series of changes despite Shunyata’s KPIP tech and The Cable Co.’s pre-delivery run in.

Out of the box, the Alpha NR did not sound good and I preferred the Delta NR power cord to it. The Delta NR sounded good almost immediately though perhaps not all that much improved over a Venom HC I’d been using. The Alpha went from initially dark and rolled off, to too bright with little mid-range until it finally settled after ~100 hrs. At this time, imaging, resolution and soundstage were improved over both the Delta and the Venom HC cords that had been used on the same power amp

The Alpha and Delta cords were returned to The Cable Co. and a Delta NR cord was purchased from them. Later, a used Alpha NR came up for sale on A’gon and I bought it. This used Alpha pc required only about 20 hours of music playing to come alive. Notes from this point: "...[music] really pops - depth, soundstage, vibrancy."

I have the Alpha NR powering up the various amps I run. The Delta NR powers an eTP60 to which various analog pieces are connected.

Hope this helps.
I feel that in some case different equipment needs different types of cables to sound the best they can.

The last thing I would ever do is buy something knowing it "needs different types of cables to sound the best they can."
I have an Alpha NR on my Luxman M900u, and an older Alpha Digital on my McIntosh C47 preamplifier/ dac. 
The Alpha NR replaced a Ztron Cobra. 
Very satisfied with both Alpha pcs. 
Maybe you should try a Sigma NR on your source. It is said it is much better than the Alpha NR, which I doubt but I could be wrong. 
Thanks ghosthouse, that does help. I heard the same dark and rolled characteristics you described. With around 20 hrs. on them now now, they do appear to be opening up a bit more but certainly not to the extent I'm expecting. I spoke with Shunyata and they said while their KPIP technology greatly reduces typical break in times, at least 50 hrs of "settling in time" is not unusual. Fingers crossed and thanks to all  for the feedback.