Linear Power supplies for DACs...?

Is there real SQ benefits or is it placebo snake oil?
i have a Chord Qutest and it has a wall wart. Lots of people say there’s real benefit to adding an external LPS. 
Plenty of choices ranging from $50 - $500.
Sure, a home audition is ideal.

but, what do you guys think?

Not just for the Qutest, but in general for DACs.
ianrmack
It is hard to say what the audible difference is with my fabulous power supplies, but because they're simply so large and cool (compared to the wall warts anyway) I've decided they're better anyway...and a part of my humless system.
Probably it is the question of combination of specific: DAC, LPS, home electricity and power supply design of other components (CD transport, amplifier, preamplifier)  .
If you turn your system up with nothing playing and hear hum then you need to look for the culprit unless you're using tube amps sometimes they will have a small hum. Other than that a good DAC should filter any power supply noise out, nowadays even a cheap DAC should. 
Post removed 
LINEAR POWER SUPPLIES CAUSE HUM

The noise problem is due to the fact that linear power supplies have large transformers and other magnetic components that operate at the AC line frequency (50 Hz to 60 Hz). These line frequencies are audible, and we are all too familiar with the hum and buzz that audio products can produce. It is no secret that this noise is caused by the power supply, but few people understand why it can be so hard to eliminate. Most people think that hum is caused by conducted interference (AC ripple on the power supply rails), but this is rarely the case. Most AC hum is caused by magnetic interference, and this can be very hard to eliminate.

Anyway I wasn't referring to only LPS or power supply  in general  but any noise in the signal that can get to the speakers. Power supply or transformer hum is harder to get rid of short of replacing the offending item or getting rid of the component.