Future of cables!

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-discovered-a-new-electronic-state-of-matter?utm_source=...

I know very little about cable technology & even less about quantum physics. I read this & immediately thought (10+yrs down the road) this would upend cable tech: efficiency, clarity, & probably a bunch of stuff I don’t even know about that goes into cable science.

So, say hello to your new 2030 $70k cables. I’m curious what other people think.
tochsii
djones51,  energy flux follows the wire inside of the speaker until there is a voltage drop - then power is absorbed (look at the wikipedia picture).  Wire itself has some resistance, so part of energy flux is absorbed by the wire (power loss - read "Resistive Dissipation" chapter).  I know it sounds strange, but energy delivered by the current would be even stranger, since exactly the same current (electric charge) comes back to the source.

So far you haven’t lost me except where speakers don’t get their energy from the cable but from energy outside a cable. You still haven’t explained why is it necessary to connect the copper or banana plug or whatever we use to the speaker since the cable doesn’t carry the energy but it’s carried outside the cable. Everything you said I can follow but with a bit of trouble I need to look up a few things but what you said below you have never explained. 

Energy is delivered to speaker by electromagnetic field outside of the cable.

You still haven’t explained why is it necessary to connect the copper or banana plug or whatever we use to the speaker since the cable doesn’t carry the energy but it’s carried outside the cable.

Without this connection there will be no electric current, hence no magnetic field.  It is necessary to have both magnetic and electric field to create energy flux.

I read the article it’s just as I expected you are using the terms WIRE and CABLE interchangeably, they aren’t the same thing. In the article you just posted they were talking about the energy running parallel to the WIRE which is inside the INSULATION of the CABLE. WIRE is the metal inside the CABLE, there is a small electromagnetic field OUTSIDE  the CABLE but it is the one INSIDE the cable BUT on the surface and outside the WIRE that Carries the current.