Stereo Receivers from the past...

Perhaps a useless question, but even though I am not a politician I have the right to be useless sometimes! 
In thinking about a second bedroom system...If I were to use a receiver any toughts on good sounding ones you have had.  The best I have had, in the past, were the original Magnum Dynalab 208 and the Nakamichi SR-3a.  I had sold both.  But now with thinking of a bedroom system those do come to mind, but wondering if you have experienced a stereo receiver that you feel is better.  I am not much into compressed streaming but do enjoy a local/public classic Jazz station and the Jazz and female vocals music I own.   Thanks 
whatjd
I recently got the vintage receiver bug, mostly Sansui's.

Check out Sansui 5000X, Sansui Eight/Eight Deluxe, Sansui 8080/9090... these were all TOTL for their time and sound amazing.

I still have my TOTL at the time Sansui AU9500 from 1973.  A monster of a piece of equipment.  Had the caps replaced a few years back but never listened to it.  A great integrated.  Still have the JVC separate tuner also.

Sansui 5000X, Harman Kardon 330, Marantz 2230 or 2270 (if you can afford it).  Pioneers are problematic with the protective relay cutting in and out due to undersized power supplies and marginal parts. Not a big fan of Yamaha either.