Comparison of latest DAC chips

I own a Bluesound Node 2i which greatly improved sound after I added the Cat 6 cable.  I do not own a separate DAC but am told it would be the next step improvement.  I have done enough reading that it appears the two latest chips are the Sabre or ESS ES9038PRO and the AK4499.  The brands I have looked at are Sabaj d5($469) and a Topping D90($699).  I saw a great review on Audiocircle of the Sabaj D5 which is now a year old.  The Topping D90 is newer and I hear the build quality of the Topping as well as customer service are both better.   Other brands cost more and most don't use these new chips. 

Is there a difference in how these chips sound?  I would appreciate any comments. 
128x128daledeee1
I've  seen the same type of discussions over cartridges and tone arms etc.. in analog. I think the Topping with the AK4499 chip will work well for you. I liked their older chip the 4490  I had in an integrated amp  and I like the ESS 9028 Pro I had in a Benchmark DAC3B. If anything the AK chip has a more laid back presentation but to me it's  really hard to tell good measuring dacs apart. 
The dCS Bartok is a great DAC. It measures well , has digital filters,   up samples is not NOS and costs $13,500. 
From what I read, the new AK chip addresses the laid back, dark, murky(whatever people call it)  It is more dynamic and open. 
A lot depends on how the chip is implemented there are 6 filters on the 4499. I have read the Topping D90 is very transparent. 
If I hadn't just bought a new streamer/ dac I would buy one for comparison to the ESS it looks like a great deal.