Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
Audio will always be chosen on emotion. This is exactly where you can make a huge difference compared to all others. My clients and the people who know me who work in audio call me an extreme perfectionist. But in my world, it is 100% normal. I've been like this I was a child. I only call myself; different. 

Most people don't like the real truth. My clients accepted that trial&error has no foundation at all and that it is impossible to understand what you do and change. But there are many people who will keep on doing audio by trial&error until they stop. 

Shame that this thread has been taken over by kenjit the speaker engineer's digital clone
how would anyone know that bo’s version of the ‘truth’ musically is the same as mine or others? another thing about his soundstaging comments. I have no studio recording experience but how does one create a soundstage from a studio recording? I can’t figure that out. good is just good and most of us know it when we hear it.. doesn’t require a sermon to understand. fwiw
whatever diminished relevance this thread was clinging to, bo has extinguished.

and i’ll never get the 90 seconds it took to write my last response back.
Post removed