Should I buy a VPI SCOUTMASTER. I OWN 25 RECORDS.

Should I pursue analog? Invest maybe 3 or 4 grand in a table and start buying records? Some stuff sounds really good on Vinyl but it's an expensive endeavor and NEW records aren't cheap. Plus thos pops and noise and a lot of setup required. Love the vintage aspect of it. Some records sound truly amazing on a really good table and cartridge. Take the plunge? Or buy a better DAC and dont look back!!! Lol. 
jeffvegas
Jeff, I took the plunge (replunged actually) into vinyl about 20 years ago. I still have my Music Hall mmf-5 and Lehmann Black Cube phono preamp, and the music - jazz and rock mostly -  is almost always glorious. And it’s a lot of fun sifting through the bins at the record store. I recently discovered Idris Muhammed at one of my local record shops.  Wowza! My point is,  don’t need to spend a heap of money to enjoy great vinyl sound.  Good luck and happy listening. 
Wow thanks for the recommendation millercarbon

My pleasure. I Strategically avoided including it in my system photos https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 because mine is the less photogenic Vornado Medium Air Circulator. Look real close, you will not be able to see it behind the left front speaker. If buying again I would definitely go for the Alchemy. So learn from my example and remember, fans or turntables, form follows function but looks don't hurt none neither. 

A Vornado will blow just the right gentle breeze while remaining near silent for hot summer night listening. Not sure if either one will blow away your table, that's subject as always to taste and preference. But I have no doubt that they will blow away your arm - clean across the platter!

Jrod68, I actually really enjoy going to record stores. I like that records are big. I can see the artwork on the album's, I am PHYSICALLY buying something. I just have a little Project debut carbon with a cheap grado cart but on some albums it sounds really good. That's what has brought me to this decision.  Maybe just upgrading my platter and a better cartridge on the Project will do the trick instead of spending 3 grand.  Worried though about the future of record production with that record plant that was destroyed by fire in Cali. 
It depends on what kind of music you listen to.  If all of it was recorded in the digital era, 1990 on or so, then vinyl is a waste of time.  There is no way that inserting an amplifier, cutting lathe, record pressing plant, cartridge, and a phono stage between the DAC and your preamp can increase fidelity.  If you like a lot of older music then clean vinyl is going to be higher fidelity than digital transfers from crusty old tapes.  I started collecting music when vinyl and tape were the only options and I did not repurchase that music on CD.  If I was starting out today with only 25 records and I was not a lover of music before 1990, I would sell the 25 records and forget the whole thing.  I have a nice vinyl rig and I listen to it about 20 hours a year.
rwortman that is what I am thinking. Ditch the whole thing. I have 300 bucks in a Project Debut Carbon table and about and maybe 600 bucks in Vinyl bought. I am headed in the direction of buying a good DAC and start streaming.