What Possessed Me to Do This?

We are working on "de-cluttering" our home to list it for sale in April, need to have my "man cave" painted first.  To prepare for the painters' arrival, am boxing up my audio system, moving the components to a "climate controlled" storage unit.  I got the lighter stuff boxed up without assistance.  My son helped me place my 110# power amp on the carpeted floor, flip it over to bolt it to the plywood for the base of the inner carton, eventually getting it boxed and double-boxed, taped up and ready to go.  One of my son's friends is coming over for dinner, to help box up a pair of 122# speakers and a pair of 133# sub woofers.

What possessed me to get equipment that weighs so much?
ejr1953
Just a follow-up question, was it necessary to pack up the gear? Could you have moved it to the center of the room or the next room and sealed it with plastic tarp? Too big or too risky? Can VOCs of paint damage audio equipment, or is it the risk of painters bumping into the gear?  Asking because i will be renovating a bathroom just off my audio space, and wondering if I need to pack everything up myself as well. 

Good luck!

Paul.
paulburnett,

I'm fastidious about my equipment, save all the original cartons.  IMO, yes, it was 100% necessary to pack up my equipment.  We are selling our house, listing it in April and the real estate agent has told us what we need to do to "stage" the house (i.e. "de-clutter"), including removing the system and a lot of furniture, books, etc. which are all being moved to a "climate controlled" storage unit.
paulburnett,

The paints that are available now don't seem to give off fumes.  Having said that, if I were you, I'd just keep the door to the audio room closed for a bit, if you are concerned about voc, sounds reasonable to me.
When I remodeled my house I did it a room at a time.  So the living room ended up in the family room for a period of time.  It was a pain but made more sense to me than hauling it to storage for two weeks and then back.  Seems like a similar situation to me.
Of course I am a do it yourself type of person.  (can't afford to pay someone to do the work for me and not like how it was completed).
   So, the general consensus on this thread is that weight is a good indicator of quality in home audio amplifiers?  Do those numerous posters agreeing with this maxim also believe that price is a good indicator of home audio amp quality?  
     Or that age is a good indicator of wisdom?
     Or its implication, that youth is a good indication of a lack of wisdom?
     As a 60 something individual and based on my personal 40+ years of home audio/video experience, I just wanted to chime in and definitively state that all the above mentioned maxims are demonstrably false.  
     My opinion is that individuals believing in, or propagating, these falsehoods are very good indicators of a lack of knowledge, awareness and experience with the home audio amplifier technology advancements made over the past 70 years in terms of amplifier SNR (signal to noise ratio), distortion, dynamic range, accuracy, optimum operating temperature, electrical efficiency, affordability as well as their physical size and weight.
     Of course, aversion to change, lack of open mindedness, blind faith and stubbornness are not rare traits in the annals of human history.  Apparently, however, these traits are effective in perpetuating false information on this particular audio subject.

Tim