Is Magnepan is coming out with it's own amplifier

I had a dealer mentioned that magnepan was coming out with its own amplifier, does anybody know anything about it or if it's true? 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsjsfiveo
The Acoustat preamps and power amps provided excellent Sonics and value. I still have a RP2 w phono design by VanAlstine 

lovely
Back in the day, when Wendell was at Audio Research, they marketed together for a few years. We sold a lot of Mag/AR systems as they were great together--still are, by the way.

Trivia for those who do not know:

Audio Research EC-3 electronic crossover was made to work specifically with the Tympani I-C speakers and the EC-21 active and PC3 passive crossovers were made specifically for the Tympani I-D speakers.

SO, speakers as revealing as a Magnepan need the best stuff driving them. Since AR and Magnepan have been "broken up" since about 1975 or so, not surprising that they might want their own amp.

By the way, since I still listen to two pair of Tympani I-C speakers, if anyone has an EC-3 lying about gathering dust...

Cheers,

Richard
Richard, unless you absolutely MUST have a tube x/o, the little First Watt B4 is perfect for use with Tympanis (I bought one for use with my T-IVa's). It is no longer available factory built, but only as a DIY kit. Completely discrete (no opamps or IC's), high-pass and low pass filters in 25Hz increments from 25Hz to 6375Hz, a level control for either the high or low pass (user selectable).
@bdp24 Thanks so much for that information.  I will look into it.  EC-21's seem to be priced pretty high when they show up, which is not often.  I wonder if all the buyers understand that they were made for the I-C speakers?  I am sure they work OK on other speakers, but not really designed for general use, I guess.

Of course, I would have to copy the specs from the EC-21 to make sure it fit the speakers, but evidently both slope and values are set by the owner.

Cheers!

Richard
You might also contact Tony at Music Reference, Roger ( RIP ) had a few Beveridge xovers available with some semi custom boards