Sent Back the Pro-ject Turntable: What would be the best option in the $1800 range?

I wasn't crazy about the sound quality so I sent it back. 

chakster recommended this TT:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-bIi2JMnJMvh/p_133SL1210B/Technics-SL-1210GR.html?XVINQ=GLX&awkw=812097800294&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=380681032017&awdv=c&awug=9004477&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_PTgksS_5wIVGYiGCh1ETAyrEAQYASABEgKQLfD_BwE

What are the recommendations of other audiogoners at that price range?

TIA
klimt
ProJect Debut Carbon DC is entry level belt drive turntable, if you’re serious about analog you will change this turntable anyway sooner or later, investment in this turntable is not good idea, you will loose money when you will sell it anyway.

Correct me if i’m wrong, but your ProJect is new and can be returned with no loss, right ? Do it before it’s too late, when you will try to sell it "as used" you loose 30% minimum.

Technics re-sell value is pretty strong, you can easily sell this turntable to someone who understand what it is.

Your $200 cartridge also will be upgraded sooner or later if you’re serious about analog.

Actually Technics and about $500 cartridge is all you need in my opinion to stay with this setup for a long time!

If you like ProJect get the 6 Perspex SB. Shop around for price. Down the line put a Clearaudio or Ortofon MM cartridge in there. It has a great arm for the money, better than the Technics. 
@klimt Is this deja vu? Dude, you're still not getting it? A $200 cartridge on the GR will sound better than an $800 one on that Debut.
Is this deja vu? Dude, you're still not getting it?

LOL:)

I have deja vu with all recent threads on audiogon