Florida Audio Expo 2020 - What did you think?

I probably only saw half the rooms, nevertheless, here are just a few of my takeaways:

a. tons of vinyl....probably 80% of the rooms

b. almost all the rooms sounded good...but...way too loud....probably 80% of the rooms at over 90db...probably trying to drown out the people talking in the background instead of stepping outside???

c. not enough "affordable" gear, really liked the Fyne 502 loudspeakers at $2500

d.  lots of good sounding speakers in the $5-10k range...the Pure Audio Projects sounded really good...and only 3' out from the wall

e. of course the MBLs sound good...but man, those Vaughn Speakers with the 4" line array and plasma tweeter...really nice sounding

f. as were the Daedalus Apollos, very musical...and the Carver Amazing Line Source, very spacial

g. great people willing to spend time with you

h.  hard to really comment on the sound of the electronics...just no way to compare...so, if I like the sound of a room, then I had to assume that the room, speakers and electronics played well together!

i. and then there is the VAC Statement 450iq integrated amp for $150k...what else can I say

j.  very enjoyable...should have budgeted two day
snapsc
Izzy I spent some time in the Spatial room. I was underwhelmed. My thought was too much speaker in too small of a room. Perhaps a smaller model would have worked better. They also had them cranked up when I was there and the volume overwhelmed the space. Reminded me of visiting a friend’s friend who had a large pair of Spatial in a 8x12 room in a mobile home. My feet almost touched the speakers when I sat on the couch. Just my opinion.
Also went into Spatial having previously owned M3 Turbos. 
Very disappointed with the sound, did not spend too long in there.
Was hoping they would have the X3 or X5 but demoed the M3 Sapphire I believe.

as you will see here...there were also some spatial audio fans that liked the M3s and thought they sounded pretty good...

Here was my comment posted on ASR...  "The Spatial Audios sounded good...but for the tracks I got to hear, I expected more low end....could have been my seating position".   I'm wondering now how a different amp might have sounded...and how I would have felt had I brought my own music.  I heard the original M3s at Spatial in Utah driven my a Vinnie Rossi integrated and they sounded beautifully musical.