Damping Plates

Lots of discussions about isolators and couplers used on the bottom of components but not much said about dealing with internal resonances using damping plates on top of the equipment. Harmonic Resolution Systems (HRS) is one of many manufacturers that make such devices but, like all things with an audiophile label, they can get expensive. Low-cost alternatives such as scuba dive weights have been mentioned by some.

Have you tried damping plates and were there worthwhile improvements in sound quality?
turnbowm
@mesch , I have the cork on the bottom. They stay in place just fine with no scratches. 
I didn't want to use rubber, even synthetic, in case of residue. But @david_ten can speak to that.
@lowrider57. Thanks. Just to let you know, I have a UV-1 on the way. Looking to use the damping as you did with yours. I thought that the brass would look nice spaced in front of tubes and between tubes and transformer. 
@david_ten  In your opinion does the elastomer prevent slippage to an extent greater than cork?

To better understand my interest, I wish to use these damping devices as much to add mass to the UV-1 as for the damping per se'. It is very light and presents a need to counterbalance cabling. Thought I do have my cabling routed in such a way not to add too much strain.
@mesch I’d ask Eden Sound. I cannot offer direct comparative insight since I don’t have the cork base. The elastomer is very grippy. The surface of the (your) component will also play a role.

I’m sure you will be fine with either application, however, Energy and Entropy do have their ways. : )
I found 1# bars of copper on Amazon that I'm going to order to replace the ugly candle on the pre.Exactly the same weight.I thought a black pyramid would look cool but the heavy ones are all huge.