Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
@thelostdutchman i wonder how substantial the incremental gains are across the dcs line - ie Bartok to Rossini to Vivaldi?
ufguy73 raises and interesting question. How much difference rides on the FPGA program or DAC itself vs the quality of components (power supply, circuit design, etc) by manufacturer. PS Audio is a good example of continued refinement just based on software code. I personally think its still the combination of the sum parts of both system and components. 
Just adding my two cents to this chain.

There are a number of reasons why and how DCS is separating itself from other companies in the high end of the business.  Beside the build quality, the architecture of the latest generation (Bartok, Rossini and Vivaldi) enables the company to continuously update and improve the upsampling and signal processing.  In essence you are buying world class hardware that is a future proof-ed through continuous upgrades.

I presently own the Puccini + U-Clock, but the jewel of the line, in my humble opinion, is the Rossini, which has Ethernet ports in the rear.  Just plug into your network on one end, and direct to power amplifiers on the other end, and you are live.  It is am amazing machine.

(I am not a dealer and have no financial interest in DCS)