MHDT Orchid or Lampizator Amber 3?

I’m considering one of these. Please share your thoughts, especially if you’ve heard them. I will be streaming 70% and CD’s 30%

Jazz, R&B and classical in that order are my listening habits.

My room is 20x30 and very nice acoustics.

Current system:
Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, PS Audio NuWave DSD, Cambridge CXC, Shunyata interconnects & Nordost speaker cable

Thank you!!!

jzzmusician
Hmmmmm, it would be interesting to know your buddy’s system, soup to nuts, from the wall to the ear. You are correct though, its all a matter of what sounds right to the individual. 
I’ve had some great dacs and someone somewhere has declared each of them as end game pieces. That’s why I always try to be objective that every person must make up their own mind and decide what works best in their circumstances: the room, the room, the ac, the cables, the electronic chain, the room....I’m not one of those chasing the latest greatest but I know what I prefer.

I know what music I enjoy sounds like. I had to make a decision a long time ago as I had aspirations of being a professional musician. I got that out of my system pretty quickly as the best in the business had holes in their shoes. Not for me, so I guess I wasn’t driven enough to be a musician if it meant living hand-to-mouth.

Anyway, I guess I’m also a bit of a tube guy as well. Other than my Innuos, every piece of gear I have uses tubes. I keep trying though and the Nagra Classic Dac/Classic integrated got very close for me. Peace.
Curious if your evaluation of the LaVoce S3 was in your system and with it fully broken in? If so, what does the LaScala do better in your view?
@facten Not in my system but same system, side by side. I thought the S3 was a fine dac but kindof unremarkable. In short, the La Scala does most everything better to my ears (the S3 MAY have had a slight bass advantage, very slight if at all), especially when it comes to dynamic swings and the music feeling alive rather than just "played back". Maybe 30 minutes on each dac is all that day. I believe the Tubadour is better than the S3 for my tastes.
My same friend purchased the AM Tubadour dac ( one step down from the SE) and returned it after the trial period in favor of the S3 LaVoce. He felt it was just a tad flat and plain sounding. He has the Don Sachs 6sn7 preamp, McIntosh M452 amp, Innuos Zenith server, my cables and Legacy Signature SE speakers.

I like the LaVoce S3 dac and the Aqua brand. . I have always wanted to hear the Mojo Audio Mystique dac. Ben of Mojo is vocal about his dislike of any tube dac claiming tubes have no place in dacs. He suggests they are too noisy and limited in performance for use in digital front ends. Ha! Very opinionated guy for sure.