DeVore Silverbacks

Any thoughts? Heard them recently and was quite impressed.
dchattleton

4musica, it depends on what you are comparing them to. I heard them at SBS and no matter what gear they were using, the Silverbacks didn't go particularly low.

I am not saying they didn't do a lot of nice things, it is just not a bass or dynamics crazy speaker like a Wilson, KEF or B&W.
Thanks, Audiofreakgeek. And agreed, there are many speakers that will go lower than the Silverbacks and some that have better dynamics. I have not heard Wilson speakers and do not care for B&W. KEF's are very nice IME. Happy Listening! Best regards, Steven
I have had devore silverbacks for 3+ years. They have made me almost forget about speakers because they do everything so well. I have been shocked by how deep and tight the bass goes.
I have McIntosh gear (mc252 and c2300). Heard them in NYC at Stereo Exchange and was impressed. Have heard they love shindo equipment but can't come up with a good excuse to switch; however, if I did would the Montrachet be the amp you'd recommend? Thanks for the responses.
I am very, very pleased with the pairing of my Luxman MQ-88 with my Silverbacks. That said, if I were going to change amps, it would be to a Shindo for sure, and the Montrachet would be high on my list. As an aside, the main thing that keeps me from switching to a Shindo amp right away is the fact I continue to lust after the Auditorium 23 Solovox speakers, and if I sell my Silverbacks and go with the Solovox, the Shindo amp that works well/best with the Silverbacks will not necessarily be the best for the Solovox.