DeVore Silverbacks

Any thoughts? Heard them recently and was quite impressed.
dchattleton
Audiofreakgeek - Your experience with the Silverbacks differs from mine somewhat. I have always found the bass and dynamics to be excellent and the speakers themselves to be very revealing of musical detail without being clinical. Which pre, amp, and sources were used when you heard the Silverbacks, and was this in a store or someone's properly setup listening room? Was there a particular recording or genre of music you listened to on the Silverbacks that caused you to conclude as you did about their bass, dynamics, and detail? Thanks in advance for any details you are willing to share. Best regards, Steven

4musica, it depends on what you are comparing them to. I heard them at SBS and no matter what gear they were using, the Silverbacks didn't go particularly low.

I am not saying they didn't do a lot of nice things, it is just not a bass or dynamics crazy speaker like a Wilson, KEF or B&W.
Thanks, Audiofreakgeek. And agreed, there are many speakers that will go lower than the Silverbacks and some that have better dynamics. I have not heard Wilson speakers and do not care for B&W. KEF's are very nice IME. Happy Listening! Best regards, Steven
I have had devore silverbacks for 3+ years. They have made me almost forget about speakers because they do everything so well. I have been shocked by how deep and tight the bass goes.
I have McIntosh gear (mc252 and c2300). Heard them in NYC at Stereo Exchange and was impressed. Have heard they love shindo equipment but can't come up with a good excuse to switch; however, if I did would the Montrachet be the amp you'd recommend? Thanks for the responses.