DeVore Silverbacks

Any thoughts? Heard them recently and was quite impressed.
dchattleton
I have the Silverbacks in my reference system. They are the best overall multi-driver speaker I have heard at their approximate price point and below. I have heard them with both SS (Nagra, Audio Research, Luxman, Naim) and tube (Shindo, Leben, Luxman) gear. Although they sounded great with all of those, I felt they sounded best with tubes, particularly Shindo. I am currently running them with a Shindo Masseto pre and a Luxman MQ-88 amp and just love the music they make!
If anyone can make specific comparisons to speakers at the Silverbacks' pricepoint, that would be great.

Thx,

John
Jdoris - The Verity Leonore and DF Silverback are just about the same price. In comparing the two, I felt the Silverbacks were superior in every way except one. I felt the Leonore's upper end was just a touch better; this was mostly apparent to me for solo piano works.

I to prefer the Silverbacks to the Verity, however, I would recommend that you widen your net.

The Silverbacks have a very natural midrange,and throw a nice soundstage, I will say they are a bit lightweight in the bass and dynamics are good but not spectacular, and they tend to be tonally a bit on the warm side and lack some of the detailing you can get in other speakers.

Just curious where did you hear them and what would your electronics be?
Audiofreakgeek - Your experience with the Silverbacks differs from mine somewhat. I have always found the bass and dynamics to be excellent and the speakers themselves to be very revealing of musical detail without being clinical. Which pre, amp, and sources were used when you heard the Silverbacks, and was this in a store or someone's properly setup listening room? Was there a particular recording or genre of music you listened to on the Silverbacks that caused you to conclude as you did about their bass, dynamics, and detail? Thanks in advance for any details you are willing to share. Best regards, Steven