Frustrated with Vinly

Hey All,

Just coming here to let out out my frustration with Vinyl. I know that Vinyl takes patience but it's frustrating when playing some of my newer records and they have noises that I do not want to hear. Meaning, I try to clean them and they still have noise (pops, crackles, etc). When playing at low volumes of course you do not hear as much but when I turn up the volume is when it gets irritating. 

I can understand if older vinyl would sound like this but these are my newer records that I bought (amazon or barnes and nobles).

Now, I know the products that I am using are probably not great in the first place and I will probably need to upgrade to some more serious cleaner).

Currently trying to use a combo of: Kaiu Vinyl record cleaning set and I have also tried the Audio Technica AT6012 Record Care Kit.

So now I am considering either a Spin Clean type system or Pro-Ject  VC-S2 ALU Type cleaning system.

Any suggestions?

I almost want to give up on Vinyl sometimes and stick to digital (cd, hi res files, qobuz streaming).

Current equipment: denon dp-300f w/2m blue cart.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
Vinyl.....High expectations.....mostly disappointing.

Digital....A decent dynamic listening experience that if you get it right "Jams"
better than vinyl.

Digital....A decent dynamic listening experience that if you get it right "Jams"
better than vinyl.

Sighs heavily.........😔😔
@theo1124,
Looks like a nice unit, a bit pricey for me.
I think I might eventually get the okki nokki device for cleaning purposes

better than vinyl.

A fantastic mastered 24/96 or 24/192 file, imo, probably gets you the closest to what is heard in the studio monitors. I have some hi rez files that sound better than the vinyl versions. However, so much needs to be considered:

1. My TT setup is probably Mid-FI -(1200gr/ATvm540ML/Elac PPA-2 Phono) at best.

2. The digital is closer to the source. Vinyl has so many variables (vinyl quality, pressing plant practices, etc )and has many steps away from the source (cutting, stamping)

3. Plus, vinyl has its own "built in" sound characteristics that may or may not appeal to listeners. People who grew up on vinyl probably appreciates that quality more than a person who grew up digital. Much like an older movie buff probably favors the aspects of film vs the super clear, slick digital format.

IMO, if you are wanting to squeeze the last bit of possible sound quality closer to the source (regardless of format), it will be much cheaper and easier to go the digital route. With vinyl, so many working pieces have to come together to get to the absolute best, top notch sound (TT, Cartridge, Phono, pressing quality, on and on).

For me (growing up with records) vinyl is about the overall experience and relationship to the recording. The large album covers, the cleaning and caring of the record, etc. If I just want PUREST sound quality, I will stream Qobuz or play my hundreds of ripped SACD’s and Hi Rez downloads.

Above is just my opinion.I’m sure many feel differently.