Moving up from a Node 2i

I want to keep it between 1K and 1500.00, closer to a grand if at all possible. I don't care about onboard DACs, since I have a keen liking for mine. What is out there for a streamer, new or used, that will sound better than the Node when outputting to an external DAC? I like the functionality of the Node, don't want something with a sketchy user interface. But honestly, I think my old Allo Digione (Raspberry Pi) might have sounded a little more organic and fleshed out than the Node.

What say ye, Audiogon?

Oz

128x128ozzy62
I think all those concerned will like the Lumin U1 Mini. Excellent resolution. Excellent customization of DSD. I’ve converted mine to SBooster use and have placed EMI and microvibration absorber sheets easily. So it can be a fun project too. 
@ianrmack99 @ozzy62 @bill_k

Yeah I see now I completely missed the point of the thread. My bad fellas...:)

I would also like to change out the Node to see what improvements can be made but I am comfortable with the interface - it really does a lot of things well. I’ve currently got Roon installed to demo but I’ve not fallen for it like I thought I might. I prefer BluOS for multi-room management and I like the fact that all the services are right there at your fingertips. I really enjoy Radio Paradise as well which Roon can’t do I don’t think. Even if the sound is a bit better from another streamer I don’t think I could make the switch. Unless I went with something from Nad which uses BluOS.

Looking forward to hearing how the Lumin mini works out for you.

M
well, ive heard the Lumin app does rival BluOS.
BluOS still does not handle Apple Music which is a bummer.

I also like the Node's "back-up" use of Bluetooth.
I live in downtown Chicago where Xfinity/Comcast internet is FAST...but over the past 6 months it has been going down a TON and it's nice to switch over to BT and keep listening.

The Lumin is THE only other product on my radar for a (DAC-less) streamer.

Come on, Ozzy, whats taking you so long...?...;-)
I'm using the Lumin app with my TEAC NT-505. It's not as intuitive as the bluesound app, but it is fairly easy to use and syncs up with the streamer right away and I don't have the connection issues that I often experienced with my bluesound node 2.