confused and don't know what to do

We would like to buy a nice audio system and also have this double as a surround sound but listening to music is the priority. We have listened to many speakers but have settled on the B&W 804's. Now the challenge is to select a receiver and all the other accompaniments we require. We have a little challenge in that our home is a condo and the outside wall is all glass. The space is combined kitchen, living room, and dining room all open with hardwood floors and hard tile on the walls of the kitchen and a lot of granite counter tops. It seems that every where we go, the recommendations are different depending on what the store is selling and of course, the sales people would like us to buy the most expensive. What would give great sound without going crazy. We are thinking about 2 tribe sub woofers and space is limited and an in wall center B&W speaker but we don't know what we are doing and don't want to throw our money away. Help! Too many choices and we don't have enough knowledge. Thank you so much.
raw33
Hey based on your room constraints 3.1??
My AV pre amp has a dedicated balanced in for two channel and I can set it for direct. My 5 channel amp has two internal power supplies one for two channel and the other one drives the remaining three channels. Is the music quality super top notch, no but pretty darn close
i have 3.1 set up with bi-amping of front  speakers due to a small room for HT. and i switch to 2.1 set up for music 
There is another option if your budget is tight and same with your room size.
You want 2 channels and 5.1.4 3D for video and bass to 30Hz. An option is the new Sennheiser AMBEO soundbar. Read the reviews. It’s a great bit of kit and covers all you are looking for without all the separate components and wires.
No point in me telling you all the specifications but it has everything to start off with.
"soundbar" ???????.... i thought there is no swearing  here .....my blood pressure just went up to terminal level.....OMG56 !!!! this is personal now !!!   LOL !!!
@kbgspy 
Have you heard the Sennheiser soundbar?

I expect not considering your rather cheeky post. Or are you just posting just to stir?

I would suggest you listen to one rather than post a throw away line.