Thiel CS1.2 vs. Ohm Walsh 2

I'm not really an audiophile, though I do love to listen to music.   I am looking at a pair of Thiel CS1.2 speakers, vs. Ohm Walsh 2, for about the same price.  Both in decent, not perfect condition, Ohm needs grills which would be an additional cost.  No way to listen side by side.  Listening to B&W 685 speaker with Polk 10" subwoofer driven by a Denon 80 watt/ch AV receiver (Denon AVRX100w).  Room is 20' x 15' x 7 or 8' ceiling.  Listen to primarily "classic rock" and some jazz. Any suggestions oh gurus?
ken5849
These are two different beasts, to put it mildly.
Not to start a flame war-
If you are serious about music, get the Thiel's.
If you just want a general 'nice' sound around the room, get the Ohm's.
The Thiel's are time and phase aligned, while the Ohm's are more direct/reflecting- like Bose.
You'll get more detail and imaging with the Thiel's.
Both are nice speakers, it just depends on what you are looking for.
Since you have B&W's now, I think the Thiel will be a better move.
Bob
I’ve had Thiel speakers in my main rig since 1996. First with the CS .5, which is a little smaller than the 1.2, and since 2011 the CS 2.4 which is a decent bit larger. They are fabulous speakers. I also happen to have B&W 684 speakers fronting my home theater setup. The Ohm speakers I cannot speak to. My only concern would be is if your Denon AV receiver would be up to the task. Thiel speakers are demanding speakers when it comes to amplification. You really need a decent high current stereo amp to handle the nominal 4 ohm load which may well dip below 4 ohms at times. I have my doubts about the Denon AV receiver being a good match.
Thanks. Any thoughts on how best to answer the power issue? Don't need earshattering volume. It'll be a tough sell to my wife to spend as it is, and to set up "huge" speakers. Telling her I was looking at amps too would probably result in my sleeping outside in the snow. Although it's a bit of a drive, they are asking only $280 for the Thiels. Hence my interest.