New Omega E Mat from Perfect Path Technologies

Many of you own or have read of the highly-regarded PPT Omega E Mat, one of Tim Mrock’s revolutionary signal-enhancing accessories. Just prior to his untimely passing, Tim had finished developing a new generation of his Omega mat, soon to be available. Krissy Mrock has asked a few of us to introduce this new mat, here given the working title of The Double Omega.

In distinguishing the Double Omega, we know the original Omega, herein called the single, as a 7.5” by 10”, rather heavy and somewhat pliable mat, a bit more than 1/8” thick and with a vinyl-like feel. One face is glossy white, displaying the PPT logo and Omega name, while the other is black, smooth and magnetized. Sandwiched between these faces is the active material that causes components to reject the EMI that saturates everything in our surroundings. The Double Omega is much the same, with one important difference: the magnetized face has the finely-textured feel of around, say, 220-grit sandpaper. This texture, it is presumed, comprises yet a second active layer of EMI rejection. Presumed—because working details of the Double Omega are not well understood—better yet to know how to apply it.

With the understanding that the single Omega E mats generate field effects from both faces, mats have typically been placed under and over components and vertically over circuit breakers. How you apply the Double Omega will depend on best use and experimentation. In my case, I have removed two single mats, lying side-by-side, from the top of my large Wadia CDP and have replaced those with two Double Omegas. The Wadia is a one-box player that contains a pre-amp, so I wanted that second, strong field effect exerting downward as well as upward. I also have several singles placed underneath, just as before. Going straight to amps, this player is my only source, so I want it fully protected from EMI. Your priorities will differ.

As of this writing, I am only thirty-hours in on placing these Double Omegas, and I can already tell you they are powerful in their prevention of EMI within my digital source. Yet another veil has been lifted—all instruments and voices are even more sorted out in the aural space with new information heard within that space. There is much more decay heard against a new silence behind and between the musicians. I am already so pleased and excited about what the Double Omega E mats are doing. As Krissy told me, Tim was really stoked to have these new mats available. Rather than wait for the the fourteen-day window of improvement, I want to get this intro out so others can relay their experiences sooner.

128x128jafreeman
Not to take away from Krissy, the new Synergistic cable risers sound,(see the video) and look to be a great idea.
@jafreeman  No, I am not planning on installing PPS products on my speaker wires; however, if I were, it would take a lot of them to cover the distance. 

My wife of 22 years has criticized my first system because it made her rock music sound less grungy(?) or too bright for many years and she preferred my $5,000 simple CD based system in the living room instead.  She is my harshest critic.  No more.  That was prior to my newest Pharoah cabling, PPS products and SR products in a new, custom built listening room.  The new room had the greatest effect as the prior room, while twice the size, had windows to the sides and rear, double drywall layers and a vaulted drywall ceiling.  Now she enjoys most of her rock LPs and CDs in my big system with the exception for the poorly recorded/engineered ones (compressed sounding ones are the worst).  
Nice room, can you virtual-post your finished room and system?  

It is a bit strange to hear all the old rock music on a good system---it's so cleaned up now---has a different character than on a system that imparted that mid-range 'fuzz and buzz' we used to think was the music.  
I don't know how to virtual post my room and system.  
My audio system is as follows:

Pair of Altec 1569A Extreme modification   Kept the chassis and transformers

Now a Class A/B push/pull voltage regulated amplifier (not ultralinear) with 6 6BG6 Russian output tubes, Raytheon 1950 6SN7 cathode follower, pair of 6BG7 input tubes, 2-6” X 3” electrolytic storage capacitors. Synergistic Research blue fuses and Grover Huffman Pharoah power cable into IEC pig-tail. Grover Huffman Pharoah RCA to pre-amp

Custom 6 subminiature tube pre-amp and 8 subminiature tube phono stage, voltage regulated design non-fused

EAR Acute CD player with 1958 large O getter 6922 tubes and Grover Huffman Empress power cable, very low impedance RCAs Now using a Cos Enginering D-2 DAC with 75 ohm G.H. silver wire cable

VPI TNT VI heavy platter with SDS on Townsend Sink, SME IV modified with Cardas wiring/RCA box and closed foam insulation. Benz Ruby 3. Audio Interface 40 at 220 ohms. All with custom Grover Huffman Empress very low impedance RCAs.

VPI 19-4, Ultracraft 400, Grado 78 cartridge into Marantz 7C pre-amp

Bryston Bit-20 isolation transformer

Stillpoints under equipment, both Ultra-mini and Ultra sets

Dozen Perfect Path Omega E-Mats, 2 E+Mats, 18 Stop-Its (testing)

2 Pair Shakti Hallographs

Legacy Focus speakers

Grover Huffman Pharoah speaker cable

32 Synergistic Research HFTs various types

Synergistic Research blue duplex outlet

Listening Room Construction   It is custom but not SOTA materials

Floor-Poured steel reinforced to 12” 3000 lb. PSI concrete floor

Walls-

1” MDF

1/8” thick Acoustiblok vinyl sound barrier

¾” MDF

3 x 12 vertical studs, 14.5” on center

Staggered 12.6” wide 2 x 12 and 4 x 12 per vertical stud channel

13” X 4” X 48” 72lb. 4 chamber activated charcoal absorption filters staggered vertically up/down/up/down

4” Rockwool insulation over vacant stud channel area adjacent to filters

¾” cherry plywood

Side Walls - 5X 4' X 2' X 3" wood framed acoustic absorption panels

Ceiling

4’ Sound Absorption Blankets

4” Rockwool

2 x 8 horizontal beams

5/8” X drywall paneling

1/8” thick Acoustiblok vinyl sound barrier

¾” cherry plywood

Ceiling - 6X 5' X 3' X 6" wood framed acoustic absorption panels

Recessed 9 BR 40 65 Watt LED floodlights

2 Ton HVAC split system, low speed, high volume

70+ oz. plush cut pile carpeting

Power-Separate Sub-panel for audio only outlets, 10 gauge wiring, 20 amp breakers.  Nothing special.

@fleschler ,

You should be able to start your virtual system in your profile page.