Class-D Audio USA have just released their new GaN amp at the CES

Class-D Audio USA have finally shown their GaN based Class-D at the CES, anyone see/hear it?
It should be well priced.
Wonder if they went the extra yards/cost for the higher 1.5mhz switching frequency, like the mighty Technics SE-R1.

On Jan 23, 2020 at 6:14 PM, Sales <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi George,
Yes, our new GaN amp was just at the CES show a few weeks ago, and was a big success. If you email me tomorrow and remind me, I can provide more information... I’ll try to remember to email when I get to work, but sometimes I get pulled many directions when I get there.
Tom

https://www.classdaudio.com/
CES report on GaN  https://dgit.com/daily/ces-2020-shows-our-silicon-future-is-becoming-gan-and-more/
https://epc-co.com/epc/Applications/ClassDAudio.aspx

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
Thanks for posting George. There seems to be no doubt that class D is the future and the GaN tech should give it a significant boost. I am Looking forward to it.
Just got this from Tom from ClassDaudio https://www.classdaudio.com/ . $1595 they are on the money, if it’s a good one, their hiend site www.premium-audio.com

Hi George,
Our amp in this brochure attached is the sort of final prototype. The final version being made now for sale has a few upgrades like super nice gold RCA jacks and metal edge XLR’s. These are not going to be available in kits or amp boards as they are complex and expensive to make. The prices for the amps as of now are $1595.00 to $2295.00. We will also have multi channel amps and other matching products coming out soon. You can see they’re being marketed under the name Premium Audio Products as they are more expensive and different product than our Class D Audio amps.

I’ve attached a simple brochure we made up for the CES show. Our amp was displayed (and playing music) at CES by the company that manufactures the Gallium Nitride Transistors, EPC. Here’s how it went:

I wanted to give you a quick update on CES. As I told you, EPC has our amp in their suite at CES now. I went out there to help them setup our equipment. I was a little disappointed when i got there to find out that Technics had dropped off their integrated amp with them for the show also. I thought it would totally take all the attention away from our amp... and to top it off, they asked if I would also setup the Technics amp for them. Technics sent a pair of bookshelf speakers with the amp, and we had also provided a set of older NHT bookshelf speakers (hot rodded a little by me). We also provided a little USB music player we made up here with a 7" touch screen.

Next we turned on our amp and started playing music and, everyone (EPC people) in the room got a huge smile on their face and eyes popping out of their head. They all started firing questions at me about the amp. Next, we powered up the Technics amp expecting so much. As it turned out it just was not the least bit exciting. I’m sure most of this was due to the Klipsch speakers connected to it.

We were invited to come by Tuesday after the show ended for some beer and wine. When we got there, we were kind of treated like rock stars and everyone knew who we were. They told us that our amp sounded so good, they didn’t even turn on the Technics amp.

Since this is an industry show, I don’t know if having our amp there will really help us so much, and they have so much serious technology in the room light years ahead of our amp... but they told me our amp drew more attention just because you can only look at the other products, but our amp was playing some really nice sounds and grabbing attention. That was only day one, and I had to come back yesterday so I can get back to work. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Tom

That Technics amp above is not the massive SE-R1 GaN poweramp, but their network/integrated streamer GaN amp the SU-G30, it’s like a Swiss army knife of integrateds.

Cheers George

Thanks for the 'insider's view', George.  If the development of D-amps continues at the current pace, the 60 lb.blocks can finally stop heating listening rooms....

I'm being facetious, but have always thought that the technology would mature quickly, given it's widespread applications already.

From little acorns, mighty oaks....;)

Have a great weekend, J