Help in putting together my system with used equipment on Audiogon and eBay.

I’m looking for the best bang for the buck. What equipment can I find that would make the best system for my budget ($8000)? I'm starting out with:

Pass Labs X1 Preamp, my rock to start with. I got it for $2500 This is where you can help me the most. Let me know your best match for this pre-amp, or the ones you have found to be the best you have heard!

Bryston 4B SST amp for about $1700. It’s been my experience that more power wakes up a speaker and pins it’s ears back. At 300wpc and the reviews on this amp I picked it, but just to start. I really need some experienced people to give me recommendations for the amp, or if the Bryston is a winner. I can sell this for a better amp.

Do I need a DAC?

Phono. I’ve realized that might be a big reason why people go to separates isn’t it? I’d like to hear some comments on this. If you have separates and no phono, what do you use? Stream music? CD’s?

CD player? I do have a lot of CD’s. With separates, it’s either phono, cd, or streaming correct?

I’m not really a phono guy, but I know which albums I would buy so it is an option. I wouldn’t know a good phono if you hit me with it. Please recommend a few.

I’m leaning toward B&W speakers just because of their reputation. I may spend up to 5k on a good pair of speakers, but I want them to be used and costing much more when bought new. I know how to spot a good deal and not buy speakers on their death bed (from reputable sellers), but I need your recommendations too. You all have heard more speakers than I ever have and will.

**I’m going to check this post often and answer any questions and write down your recommendations.
I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR THIS, IT IS A BIG DEAL FOR ME!
128x128imabucfan
...speakers: see what’s on the vintage market from Gershman Acoustics:
Can’t go wrong with anything from them (and no sub’s needed)!
And partner them with a PAIR OF PATHOS CLASSIC ONE MKIII HYBRID INTEGRATEDS IN MONO MODE, OPERATED FROM ONE REMOTE... ADD AN AUDIO MIRROR TROUBADOR DAC NEW!
Post removed 
Buy an integrated amp when you have a preamp you already love? Nobody has explained what they mean by get an integrated because it’s better. What I think they mean is it is easier to get the preamp section and the power section to match with an integrated amp, than it is when buying separates. I don’t think separates was a scheme to get people to by more pieces.

As far as the whole "you need to spend most of your budget on speakers" That is not necessarily true. Maybe see if there is a high end store around you and do some listening. Magnepan .7 is a good speaker. They are only 1,400.00 new. There is a video on Youtube (and maybe Patreon too), where this guy is using those Magnepan .7’s with a Jays Audio CDT2, ($2,200.00), A Jeff Rowland 535 amp ($5,900.00), and a Stella D700 DAC($1195.00) and raves about their performance. I’ll post a link in case you are inclined to view it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpJnupgiNIU

Here's where I'm at. I just hooked up my gear and it's a bit late so I can't turn it up until tomorrow or so. The Pass Labs X1/Bryston 4B SST is working perfectly and in low volume with my Marantz PMD-526C cd player I could tell the Bryston's 300wpc were causing the Klipsch Heresy III's to sound like they wanted to bust out of the cabinet. One thing I did notice with the cd player off is a bit of hiss from the Bryston and at high gain it got a bit louder. I read somewhere that turning the volume up with no source connected was a good way to tell how clean the music was going to sound, can someone weigh in on that topic??? I know with the music playing the hiss does not get any louder with volume so you won't tell it's there but it is. Are the tube amps/class A amps the same way?? Just want to know how that effects a good system. I am plugged into a Furman SS-6B Power Conditioner so I know it's not coming from household current (is it?)
Just to let you know we have a group here in the Jacksonville FL area, NEFAS, that has a few members that could be helpful to share ideas and insights.  We should talk.  Also going to Florida Audio Expo...
Rick