Micromega M-100/150 field reports

Got a M-100 or M-150?  Share your setups, tweaks and observations, and help out your homies.

My initial M-100 config and some early observations in this thread.

Things I'm wondering about:

• hacks & upgrades to LAN infrastructure including h/w, and whether they make an objective difference in reproduction from the M-100/150
  • power cords/supplies, with same question (objective difference?)
  • MARS room correction performance & value
  • whether Micromega will have any relief for the abject instability of their Android control app (circa 2016)
usery
I realize this thread is a little out of date, but hoping the previous contributors might be able to respond.  I just got my M100 back from repair where it apparently had an “intermittent fuse case holder”, and bad “varistors”.  Anyway, seems fine now.  
On to my question.  I’ve downloaded the app for iOS.  I’ve never connected it successfully to my m100.  The app always says “make sure your devices and smart phone are connected to the same network”

do I need to connect the m100 to WiFi?  I’ve not been able to figure out how I might do that. Seems others have connected no problem.  Do I need a LAN connection to my home network for that to work?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
s7horton said:

"I’ve downloaded the app for iOS. I’ve never connected it successfully to my m100. The app always says “make sure your devices and smart phone are connected to the same network”
Did you reflash the M100 network firmware after the repair? If not do that - see the user manual for instructions (easy).

"do I need to connect the m100 to WiFi? I’ve not been able to figure out how I might do that. Seems others have connected no problem. Do I need a LAN connection to my home network for that to work?"
Yes you need a LAN connection - the M100 only has a RJ45-type network interface (ie wired), no built-in wifi support. So you need either a ethernet cable run from your main router to the M100, or a wifi router/extender bridged from your main router then a short ethernet cable to the M100. The former is waay preferable if your house layout allows it.
Thanks for the response.  The simple solution is for me to connect an extender via Ethernet.  I’ll give that a try tomorrow.
Does it have user EQ as well? Loudness ? Adjustable crossover for sub out and main speakers ?

Server function ? (Stick a hard drive to the USB port. No expensive audiophile router, nas and cables needed?)
I have an M-100 but without the so-called M.A.R.S. room EQ kit (unlocked firmware + mic). You can read about M-One features from here: https://micromega.com/en/products/mone-range/. I’m not aware of any "user EQ".

ps: expensive ’audiophile' routers, nas’s and cables are poor investments.