Frustrated with Vinly

Hey All,

Just coming here to let out out my frustration with Vinyl. I know that Vinyl takes patience but it's frustrating when playing some of my newer records and they have noises that I do not want to hear. Meaning, I try to clean them and they still have noise (pops, crackles, etc). When playing at low volumes of course you do not hear as much but when I turn up the volume is when it gets irritating. 

I can understand if older vinyl would sound like this but these are my newer records that I bought (amazon or barnes and nobles).

Now, I know the products that I am using are probably not great in the first place and I will probably need to upgrade to some more serious cleaner).

Currently trying to use a combo of: Kaiu Vinyl record cleaning set and I have also tried the Audio Technica AT6012 Record Care Kit.

So now I am considering either a Spin Clean type system or Pro-Ject  VC-S2 ALU Type cleaning system.

Any suggestions?

I almost want to give up on Vinyl sometimes and stick to digital (cd, hi res files, qobuz streaming).

Current equipment: denon dp-300f w/2m blue cart.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
The way I heard it ALL vinyl pressed pruducts have minute lube residue. When the stylus hits it it creates a permanent tick. The only way to avoid noise is ultrasonic immersion BEFORE any play. Orhttps://sweetvinyl.com/collections/frontpage/products/sc-1-mini
Jay, etal,
A lot of the problem, especially this time of year with cold temps and low humidty is static charge, which will make the newest album sound like rice krispy's.  There is Gruv Guard that uses traditional ammonium salts for anti-static.  Jay, your turntable is a 2-wire design, so it does not have a 3-wire ground, and that may complicate your ability to ground yourself.  The following is a parts list and process that I have used to recover some pretty noisey (from deep debris) albums, and I challenge whether an RCM is any better other than faster.

Parts List:
1. Vinylstack 1 Manual Cleaner & Stand = $52
2. Talas Tergitol 15-S-9 Non-Ionic Surfactant 1 pint = $22
3. Record Doctor Wet/Dry Cleaning Brush = $20
4. Kinetronics Anti-Static Microfiber Cloth, 10x18-Inch Tiger Cloth = $8
5. Two (2) clean spray bottles about 1 pint each, maybe $5 at most both
6.  One (1) Gallon Distilled Water from your local grocery store = $1
7.  Mobile Fidelity Record Sleeves = $20 for 50

Process:
1.  Add distilled water to one spray bottle, fill full and label DIW
2.  Add distilled water to one spray bottle 3/4 full, and add 2-3 ml of the Tergitol surfactant, cap and gently shake to mix and then top off to full with distilled water, and label NID.  Note, 15-18 drops equals on 1 ml.
3.  Place Vinylstack label protector on stand, remove outer label protector, install record, assemble and tighten.  When tight the record will spin against the magnetic, remove from the stand, and tighten about about 1/4 additional turn to secure the label protector.
4.  Move to kitchen sink, and using NID spray bottle, liberally wet both sides.
5.  Using Record Doctor Brush, in a circular motion work/scrub the record with the NID solution.  Note, a soft bristle toothbrush will work, just not as well.  Do not worry about foam that may develop.
6.  KEY Step, using just tap water (tepid - just barley warm), flush with steady stream (no need for spray) both surfaces until free of any NID.  Shake to remove some bulk drops.
7.  KEY Step, using DIW spray bottle, liberally spray the record surface from top to bottom to remove the tap water leaving the DIW that will be spot free.  Shake to remove bulk drops.
8.  Using the  yellow microfiber cloth provided with the Vinylstack, dry in a circular motion to remove most water.
9.  Using the Kinetronics cloth to final dry and leave a static-free surface - there will be very little moisture left.  Give the record a good 2 shakes, hang on the handle so you throw the record across the room 😉, and wipe any visible drops.
10.  Place record with label protector on stand.  Remove handle and outer protector, wipe away any visible drops with  Kinetronics cloth .  Flip record and wipe any visible drop. 
11.  You can leave the record on stand to dry or lean against any hard surface to fully dry which will be just a few minutes.
12.  Once dry place in Mobile Fidelity sleeve.

The total process time is about 10 minutes.  The Vinylstack equipment is very well manufactured.  The above process has the benefit over other processes
of the two rinses.  The first rough rinse with flowing water really flushes the surface, flushing the cleaner and any other loose debris, and the DIW spray makes sure that a spot free surface will be achieved.  If this process sounds smiliar to washing a car, well, absent the wax, it is, and it is commonly used for manual precision aqueous cleaning.  Also, this process has a very low life cycle cost, because you use so little cleaner, and so little DIW.  And, since the drying cloth are only used to remove distilled water, there is no need to wash, just hang to dry, and shake before use.  The DIW spray bottle can stored in the fridge - absolutely no harm should a child use.  The NID spray bottle, is really safe, and could be stored in the fridge to prevent any degradation, the solution concentration is really low, but you need to consider your domestic situation for appropriate safety.

Otherwise, good luck, and as always, Enjoy the Music!
Wow, a lot of information to digest here.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I am going to continue on this journey and see which method works for me.

I really do appreciate all the feedback from each of you.

I will try to post back when I get better results and what worked for me.

Thnx

It is really strange than someone need to clean a NEW records, especially with some expensive cleaning machines and stuff like that. This method for a NEW records is a waste of time. When a NEW record is visually clean then all you need is to use carbon fiber brush to clean from dust before you play each side and it should be fine.

Even for a 40 year old vintage vinyl this simple method is enough (and very cheap). Audiophiles always crazy about everything, the best way to avoid all these is to buy records in perfect condition.

Playing records must be fun and it shouldn't be difficult process, not every music lover is an audiophile and some process described above is definitely not for everyone, not necessary ritual. 

Some pressing is just bad and you can't do anything about it with all the cleaning etc.
Original records always better than reissues (with some exceptions). 

You need a proper cartridge, tonearm and turntable to start with. 
Cartridge and its stylus profile is probably the most important.  

I don't think recording cleaning is the issue.  Especially with new records.  A better turntable will yield greater dynamics, effectively pushing the noise floor down.  A Rega PL2 would no doubt be a significant upgrade.  A PL3 or SOTA would be a big jump over the Denon.