Can anyone explain in laymans terms why your gear sound better after warm up

I get burn in... should be called burn off just to get the manufacturing process off all the different manufacturers and parts to sweat off the packaging and sealants. But a light bulb is on or off. So SS gear in theory should sound the same. A light bulb does not get brighter after an hour. Is it your ears get programmed? Or is there and actual technical reason that it sounds better? Please pretend Im a four year old cause with Electronics I am.

-ALLGOOD
128x128haywood310
I didn’t read all the back and forth BS. I say ex many years ago I got an opportunity to tour the Mark Levinson factory in Connecticut. At one point we saw maybe a hundred preamps lined up being run in our guide had one of the engineers explain they burned them in for 72 hours to check for any anomalies, someone asked why no power switches. Engineer said the units need to reach Thermal Stability. 
Post removed 
From switching things around ion the sources, I have determined that the warm up is not for your equipment, but for your auditory system.  We learn to mask the bad parts and concentrate on the good.  Once acceptable, we simply enjoy the music, rather than worry about whether it sounds good enough.  As an example,  I do listen to XM radio on a Polk tuner.  At first, I hated it, but I can uncomsciously adjust my mind to truly enjoy the jazz station, 67.  More importantly,  when I put in a CD( or a good FM station afterwards, sometimes)  it really sounds good.