Would this room treatment be worthwhile?

I have a 63" wall mounted plasma TV between my Rockport Mira 2 speakers.  The Rockports are 11 feet apart and 3 feet from the back wall.  I'm thinking of designing and hanging some sort of heavy fabric cover over the entire surface area of the TV when I'm listening to music in hopes of improving SQ (i.e. absorption, imaging).  Have any of you tried this with positive results?  If so, what do you recommend the cover consist of?  My wife is pretty handy with a sewing machine so I could fit fiberglass insulation between two blankets or comforters if need be.  Other ideas would be appreciated.

My floor is carpeted and I already have 6 RPG "BAD" panels mounted at various positions around the room so this is not my first attempt at room treatment.  The room is in the basement and dimensions are 20'W X 25'L X 9'H  with the system along the 20' wall.
I know I could just go ahead and try something but I wanted to see if others already had before I put my wife to work!
shoff
+1 Erik. If you like the way your system is currently tuned, this mild absorbion will improve the focus of the image by removing the reflections from the TV.

Front wall between the speakers one would be more inclined to use diffusion as opposed to absorption, but given your limitations, anything will be better than nothing.

A blanket as suggested is going to work over too limited a frequency range. Heavy pleated curtains may work well as the first wave from the speakers will be at a sharp angle and hit multiple pleats.
@audiozenology is correct... Any diffusion or absorption is better than nothing... I would look at putting a 2 inch thick wideband absorber over the surface of the plasma TV and some diffusion above and to the sides if there is room... I use a GIK Art panel my self with a custom image I supplied... Sure you will have to rig a custom padded bracket to hang the absorber over the TV with but it will be worth it... Use REW to "see" what is going on in your room... I would guess you might need more bass trapping also... Good luck in your quest for audio nirvana...
Ok, so I tried eric_squires' suggestion and hung a large down-filled quilt over the entire surface of the TV.  I invited my audiophile, musician friend with excellent hearing over to listen.  We played several pieces of classical, jazz and rock with and without the covering.  After several with/without, with/without back and forth, the verdict was unanimous.  Voices lost their luster and instruments lost their realism with the covering in place.  Go Figure!  I might try other solutions but now I'm wondering if there is really a problem!
Coincidentally, I had a sixty-five inch flat screen between and just behind the plane of my speakers.  A lighting surge took out the TV several months ago.  If my stereo was a four on a scale of one to ten it suddenly became a six or seven without the TV present.  The replacement TV has been sitting in our foyer in the box for at least two  months.  The stereo is immensely better without the big reflective TV there.  Even my wife can hear the huge improvement in the stereo to the extent that she hasn't pressured me to set up the new TV.