The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
@ Ghosthouse, Hi, Thats what I was looking for, the price difference between the Esoteric K-07 and the Teac cd-3000, Now all has made since, I understand when it comes to cost, cheers.
Hi Audiolabyrinth - my apologies for a bit of a testy reply to your question about why the Teac vs Esoteric. I had assumed you knew the pricing on the two pieces.

Nonoise - I was really looking hard at Marantz. Your input certainly a factor in that. If you don't mind, what ICs are you running between yours and amp or pre?
hi ghosthouse:

I could not find the quote you cited. I would say however, that I was not making a comparative statement between the teac and the Marantz and Vincent.

if you could cite the part of the review you cited, it would be easier to give a definitive answer.

given the information, I would guess the explanation is either one of the following:

a comparison between redbook and sacd or redbook and hrx

or

a general statement of a comparative nature relative to a number of cd players I have auditioned, but not suggesting that the teac exhibited these properties but that the Marantz or Vincent did not.
so , without further information, I would say it was a general comment comparing the teac to all other players I auditioned prior to reviewing the teac.

I would however, say that it is more likely that I am comparing redbook to another layer.

I would like to comment about the Marantz vs the tac.

I found the Marantz, while highly resolved, sometimes it was distracting and seemed that the level of detail exceeded that which one would experience when listening to
live music.

for me the teac is ideal for reviewing, because it is an honest player.

it removes a source of coloration that other players have.

i'm not sure. I may buy it myself. my ps audio perfect wave dac is in repair.

I would like to compare the ps audio pwt and pwt to the teac, in redwood mode.

one other issue with respect to the Vincent I do not understand.

the sound of the cd player changes from day to day.

yesterday it sounded very full bodied and today it sounded more detailed. I had played a cd for 48 hours prior to listening to the Vincent, and then observed the tube warmth. I turned it off and listened again today. the tube warmth disappeared.

by the way, you need to use a CD mat with the teac. i'd suggest the millennial mat. it really improves the treble response. the millennial mat is a carbon fiber mat.
Roy - Thanks for the follow up. Again, the excerpt I quoted is below, though there were several places where comparisons were being made. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I could pretty much tell when the comparison was between redbook (aka hybrid layer?) and SACD or hi rez and something else.

This excerpt (it actually starts with "I also noticed changes in the sound of the acoustic bassÂ….") can be found in the latter half of the second paragraph of the review section headed "Listening Session - Redbook".

"I observed greater density of the strings, greater impact, greater fullness and greater extension in the bass region. The instrument also sounded larger in size. The piano sounded fuller and had more weightÂ….".

So my question was, "Compared to what?"

Thanks for the advice on the mat. I will look into that. Good luck figuring out the cause of changes you are hearing with the Vincent.
Hi Ghosthouse,
The ICs I'm using are the Darwin Silver ICs (not the Ascensions). They really opened up the sound, so to speak, laying bare most everything. If it's coloration, shading or a tone control of sorts, these will not do. They are (in my system) very coherent.

All the best,
Nonoise