APTX HD

Hi, Once again I turn to your experience for advice.

I am currently streaming Amazon HD/Ultra HD from my cellphone to a Bluetooth receiver that is APTX HD (whatever that means, sorry for my lack of knowledge).

I wonder what I should do to get more from the streaming experience, in terms of sound quality. I hope to avoid cables to the cellphone (Note8) and computers.

I am not unhappy by any means. Just wonder whether an alternative method will reveal a significant improvement.

Thank you!

B.
bohe60s
Hello again and thanks for the replies.

To avoid confusion, there are no headphones in the mix.

I am starting to understand that I can remain wireless, just over WiFi rather than Bluetooth by adding a Bluesound. 

So let me see if I envision this correctly. I cable a Bluesound to my amplifier. Then wirelessly connect it to the WiFi and as the cellphone also connects to WiFi I make a connection to Bluesound from cellphone. 

Bluesound substitutes the APTX device.

Does the quality of the WiFi matter?

The house is not huge but it long and wifi is in the heart of the house and HiFi is at one end. 5Ghz signal is useless and the 4Ghz is okay.

Cabling would be a headache. Maybe Bluesound has great antenna or can add one?

Regards,

B. 

To avoid confusion, there are no headphones in the mix.

Thanks for clarifying. 

Seems you've basically grasped the concept. Your phone/tablet/computer will be for setup and control. There are desktop apps for MacOS and Windows computers and apps for both Android and iOS, which are quite nice .. not perfect .. but done well.

The only way you'll know if your WiFi signal is good enough is to try it and yes, it does matter. A WiFi extender or mesh router system can fix a WiFi issue if there is one. 
My apologies to Melvin, I really thought the OP was discussing headphones.  
My apologies to Melvin, I really thought the OP was discussing headphones.

Thanks but not necessary. Your post was interesting nonetheless. I have an aging Wyred 4 Sound bLINK for my Bluetooth needs and the sound quality is far better than the Node 2’s implementation. As usual, everything matters, even with Bluetooth.