APTX HD

Hi, Once again I turn to your experience for advice.

I am currently streaming Amazon HD/Ultra HD from my cellphone to a Bluetooth receiver that is APTX HD (whatever that means, sorry for my lack of knowledge).

I wonder what I should do to get more from the streaming experience, in terms of sound quality. I hope to avoid cables to the cellphone (Note8) and computers.

I am not unhappy by any means. Just wonder whether an alternative method will reveal a significant improvement.

Thank you!

B.
bohe60s

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

Melvin

The OP has told us that he prefers Headphone Listening, without wires.  That pretty much confines the OP to Bluetooth or AirPlay.  I have the Node2, and in the same system I also have an Audioengine Bluetooth DAC.  Without question, when it comes to Bluetooth, the Audioengine blows the Node2 away by a wide margin.  I believe that the Node2i uses the same Bluetooth codec as the Node2, and the OP already has a Bluetooth DAC that seems to work well, so the Bluesound doesn’t seem like a good solution for his problem.
  Or does the OP have a problem?  I suspect that there isn’t much that can be done to improve the current setup with respect to Bluetooth.  You can experiment with better Bluetooth headphones—the latest Bowers and Wilkens get good reviews—but as Melvin notes, it is inherently lossy so there is a ceiling to what the OP can achieve.  I would just stop suffering from Audiophilia Nervosa and enjoy the music
My apologies to Melvin, I really thought the OP was discussing headphones.