PSI Audio

Has anyone had any opportunity to hear PSI Audio A23-M or older A25-M and compare it to any other speakers?

sashav

Hi Kenjit,

Would you mind elaborate a bit on what specifically you found unpleasant with PSI Audio speakers, and what model that was?

Thank you,
Sasha

i think it was A17m. From what I understand these are tuned flat as a ruler. Unfortunately some people find this too harsh including me. 
If they were retuned, i would be able to tolerate them. 

They were designed to MEASURE FLAT rather than SOUND GOOD. 
That was the mistake they made. 
Most, if not all, "audiophile" speakers have a roll-off in the highs above 10 khz, sometimes starting as low as at 5 khz. Often you also have a dip around 3 khz. That is to make it more "pleasant/musical/warm" for the listener. 
I always retune my speakers through dsp. I don’t find any speaker sounding good (to my ears) in a normal listening room without it. Mostly because of the room interaction. I’m sure the PSI A17m could be tuned to sound really good as a desk top speaker. But that might be to take away the idea with them, because the manufacturer is very proud of their tuning without using any form of dsp. I would like a lot to listen to the new A23m model.

If you're interested in pro monitors i would propose to you to have a listening to Quested. 
I don’t find any speaker sounding good (to my ears) in a normal listening room without it.
what curve do you apply?