Video question: 55" TV recommendations (details within)?

I am moving into a larger home, and intend to step up to a 55" TV. All recommendations welcome, but please note the following:

The TV will be used primarily for cinema, and especially DVDs. I will not be "gaming". I expect that I will begin to stream some films, but I typically use a high-quality DVD player. I don't care about audio except for connections to my stereo system. 

I have done some basic research, but would appreciate feedback from those with more TV experience. I don't expect that I would be at great risk to burn-in issues with OLED, but admit that it makes me a bit uncomfortable. I definitely do not need the latest and greatest, and would be happy to take advantage of deals in really good 2018/19 models.

Thanks in advance!
whipsaw
Post removed 
Thanks tvad.

It was an outstanding television, and had I not moved abroad, I expect that I would probably still be using it! I do remember the P-i-P feature. I didn't use it much, but it was wild.

Depends on whether budget constraints are an option. The older generation LG OLED screens are an absolute bargain and generations ahead of previous LED and DLP (remember those?) TVs
Agreed. Reviews I've read say save the money and buy last years LG OLED TVs as this years are not really any better.

If you can wait a bit, either Vizio or TLC are coming out with some OLED TVs which, like Sony, have the main parts made by LG. They should be great price beaters but time will tell.

Another advantage to a newer model is if you're seriously into movie watching, newer processors are needed to fully appreciate the newer standards (HDR, Dolby Vision, etc.). The same goes for anyone in the market for a newer Blu Ray player. Not all have the newest features yet.

All the best,
Nonoise